KUBO 2: L'Aventurier Courageux (BYTE-OFF-2019)

dale_coop

Staff member
Hi guys,

Here's the game my son (Seiji) finished, on time, for the competition: "KUBO 2, L'Aventurier Courageux".
He started it right after his previous game (KUBO). Had to make compromises in order to be able to finish it for the compo. But overall, I think he did a great job, it's fun. And I hope not to buggy (I personally fixed all his technical bugs... as he focused more on graphics and game/level design).

Kubo-2-L-Aventurier-Courageux-mini-poster.png
KUBO-2-Start-Screen.png
KUBO-2-Level-1.png
KUBO-2-Level-2.png

Download the rom from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10IDiEKxZskyxb8bOa3Cg53fG2PRSwX4Y

Would like to thank CutterCross for his feedback (...and for the spikes ;) my son literally loves them).

(...as usual, I am disturbing him when he's working seriously on his game)

SerafukuSoftware

The long awaited sequel has arrived! xD

Gameplay's simple, the graphics look really nice, and I like the variety put into the level design from the underground caves to the Pyramids. The Pyramid's probably my favourite part of the level. Those giant Ladybug enemies are interesting. I was kinda surprised when I noticed you could run with the B-Button. Overall it's really neat!

Seiji has done an awesome job with his game! Tell him to keep up the great work! :D

dale_coop

Staff member
SerafukuSoftware said:
Seiji has done an awesome job with his game! Tell him to keep up the great work! :D

Thanks for the kind words. I will tell him ;)

jsherman said:
Just seeing this game makes me happy! The next generation of game makers, right there! And we all got to see it!

Yeah, totally agreed on that!

Raftronaut said:
The color on the sprite is great! Are both the palettes being used?

Exactly, the half top uses the SupPal#0 and the bottom tiles uses the SubPal#1

digit2600

Between that walk and that music... I can't put my finger on it... it makes me feel just right.
Now, I'm probably showing my age, but something about it reminds me of Zorro on the C64...

Kubo 2 is a fun game. I love the light hearted adventure and the variety of areas and creatures. Here is some video of my first experience with Kubo 2. My microphone wasn't set up probably, so I'm sorry that my commentary isn't anything more than grunts and giggles.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/397570632

dale_coop

Staff member
no update planned.
But a Kubo 1&2 cartridge (and rom) should be released anytime soon (I mean, when we'll find time to release it)

Top Bottom