Harry (the) Dwarf - Byte Off Submission Demo

Day of submission and all you want to do is keep tweaking things.

Just sent in my submission, now available for play, RIGHT HERE!

https://bit.ly/2tXtELI

DdjfAFR.png

It was a busy, hard month, and I can't wait to see everyone's submission that comes out the other side.

wallmasterr

Fun game, jumps are a little annoying but i assume that's what you were going for. Backgrounds are nice and colorful, Death animation is really fun and the boss fight is a nice touch. I liked the dark rooms where u have to guess where the platofmrs are but would like a slightly better jump for areas like this.

Side note:
I dont like the default ladder behavior in nes maker, lets hope it gets changed at some point so the player locks to the middle of the ladder and can not fall off unless they press jump.

dale_coop

Staff member
I finally be able to play, today during my lunch time... and I LOVED it! It's beautiful and it's fun! Not finished yet, I put on hold (save states in emulator are a very useful). Will try to continue/finish tonight <3

Glad you're enjoying it (Both). Especially you Dale, a lot of the stuff in there wouldn't have been possible without your help! (Doors, Checkpoints, Dropping and replacing the cubes, etc, etc)

And yes, Ladders are something I want to fix really badly. I was fighting with making my hit box just right to make ladders not awful, and able to be able to fit into cracks. It seems like the collision for ladders checks lower left hit box instead of a middle zone.

The second dark area requires some pixel perfect jumps, unfortunately I couldn't find a middle ground of jump distance that didn't make it not a challenge at all.

Already working on level 2. Enter: The Swamp

Top Bottom