Shadow: An Adventure In Monochrome (Byte-Off 2019)

I finally finished my competition entry.
This game is my tribute to those of us who struggle with colorblindness,
and to what can be done with only black, white, and grey.

Z1BVxrC.jpg

9VZaJRm.jpg

YLivJc9.jpg

Game Download

Inside the zip you will find:

A ROM
A 80s American NES styled manual
The soundtrack
Special Thanks/Backstory
And some screenshots

I would like to thank Cargo, FunctionalForm, Lenon, and Dale_Coop, without you guys I wouldn't have made it this far.

This has been 5 months in the making, and it's been a fun time working on it.
If you beat it let me know!!!
And most of all I would like to wish everyone who entered the best of luck, and I'll see ya later. :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Glad to have this new version of Shadow! Thanks Redherring32. Awesome game. Will play it tonight <3

TakuikaNinja

I like the art-style a lot, but I have a question. How do I beat the boss right after finding all the cats? It doesn't seem to budge no matter how many times I jump on it.
(Also, Wilf can fire a projectile with the select button for some reason. The game crashes if I hit the boss with it.)

dale_coop said:
Glad to have this new version of Shadow! Thanks Redherring32. Awesome game. Will play it tonight <3

Glad you like it.

TakuikaNinja said:
I like the art-style a lot, but I have a question. How do I beat the boss right after finding all the cats? It doesn't seem to budge no matter how many times I jump on it.
(Also, Wilf can fire a projectile with the select button for some reason. The game crashes if I hit the boss with it.)

The "jump on kills" script is pretty buggy in 4.0.11, sometimes the boss glitches out and becomes immortal unfortunately.
And as for the projectile I don't know how that slipped in there quite frankly. :lol:

cargo

spam bots yandex
TakuikaNinja said:

Sorry about that. We tried to fix as many 4.0 bugs as we could (based on our limited knowledge and forum search kung fu). Though with Lionel he is not vulnerable all the time. You got to wait for the right moment.

TakuikaNinja said:
Thanks, but but Redherring32 told me about it earlier. I beat the game after that.

Sorry about the bugs. :lol:
It definitely could've been more polished if a game had it been made in 4.1, but I simply didn't have the time to spend rebuilding in 4.1.

If you find any additional bugs let me know, and I'll fix them. (It won't affect the competition of course, but I don't want the eventual finished product to be buggy.)

Top Bottom