Nezumi BYTE OFF demo (original music added)

drexegar

*Update added from request is the original music source tracks made by me at the bottom which I ported to famitracker*

After sitting on my ass for 2 days straight ignoring my calls and cursing at nesmaker and cursing at my computer and cursing at myself. my priorities got mix up and I spend way far more time on graphics, (not as much as we all did with dale's post for fixing stuff) and no time left for level design, gameplay, background design and junk, so enjoy this cluster fuck or video game tropes (mostly ninja gaiden and shinobi stuff)

some Notes:
- Cut scenes will gltich up the screen sometimes, just continue on, dont smash the a button unless you want to try and see if you can break the game ( I had to make a boss stage intro to stop the cutscene messing up the boss battles! But the last STAGE 3 intro card got fucked up anyway so yeah... there ya go, it going to say GE3 instead of stage 3, just pay no mind.
- Sound test does not work, I had no time to hook it up just listen to the files in the link
- On the last stage when you reach the top enemies are going to fall down on the lower floor, DONT FOLLOW THEM or youll be stuck, just stay on top and fight the bird and continue to the last boss battle with the fire demon.
- Those wooden X boxes are checkpoints, you better hit them!
- Thanks to all the guys here in nesmaker, I dont know nothing about programming every thing you see here is a mess, A HUGE MESS or variables stacked upon variables. If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't be making nothing!
JUST realized sound test is not finished but I forgot to close the selection now you get a random broken cutscene SHEESH
- Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GkMHVVme3eSylGldg85h8IahL8BDhPHb

9YuT6XW.jpg

WeVxNcz.jpg

Original music was ported by me from my back catalog of ninja tracks!

The Nezumi title screen theme in it full (also ninja gaiden / techno viking style):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MywyP7nS6bc

1st Stage:
https://soundcloud.com/gxscchater/dsn-12-pat-moritas-ninja-limousine-space-nes-adventure

2nd Stage: (Ninja gaiden Style)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfaVaZ4q0bk

3rd Stage/ YELLOW MASK THEME
https://soundcloud.com/gxscchater/kill-the-ninjaaaaaa

TurtleRescueNES

Very impressive! This thread deserves more comments! I got all the way to the top of the tall tree in stage three, but when I jumped up through the top of the screen, the game glitched me all the way back to the opening cinema. I'll have to try again to get to the proper ending.

mrross1979

This is quite amazing. WOW. I love the sounds and music. The moving backgrounds blew me away. Thanks for the hard work on this.

drexegar

jsherman said:
Very impressive! This thread deserves more comments! I got all the way to the top of the tall tree in stage three, but when I jumped up through the top of the screen, the game glitched me all the way back to the opening cinema. I'll have to try again to get to the proper ending.

Yeah sorry I rushed that level at 9:30 PM to finish the fire demon fight, its really getting close to cheetah man style quality now lol, also when you get there don't drop to the lower floor to attack the women, I hate when enemies drop through one way backgrounds! Just keep going forward on the top floor to fight the another bird.

drexegar

SuperNatetendo said:
Wow!! Amazing. Definitely a contender for best NESmaker game thus far. :)

Thank you, I missing a lot I wanted to do, Most of the effects you seen were put in the very last minute it was stressful. I already knew how to make the soundTest but is was 10:45, and I end up submitting the game at 11:45 with a lot of art work unfinished and things unpolished. I wish I could of did more.

TakuikaNinja

DAMN THE MUSIC SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!! (Sorry for the yelling, it's just that good.)
drexegar, how did you get the noise percussion to sound so realistic? I've used the triangle channel to make the percussion sound good in the games I did music for, but your game's soundtrack does it perfectly with the noise channel alone!
(Now I need to experiment more with percussion...)

drexegar

mrross1979 said:
This is quite amazing. WOW. I love the sounds and music. The moving backgrounds blew me away. Thanks for the hard work on this.

Thank you so much, I didn't get to put more sound effect because It was hard to look through the coding to find where to put in sound effects, but at least the little that I have works. When Mugi showed the bank switching and fading, I got a crazy Idea I could manipulate the colors to make the background move and to have a nice fade out, I know how to fade in with my very limited programming knowledge of just using monsterAIscripts. I did know how to make a sound test but didn't have the time to put it in.

drexegar

TakuikaNinja said:
DAMN THE MUSIC SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!! (Sorry for the yelling, it's just that good.)
drexegar, how did you get the noise percussion to sound so realistic? I've used the triangle channel to make the percussion sound good in the games I did music for, but your game's soundtrack does it perfectly with the noise channel alone!
(Now I need to experiment more with percussion...)

Thanks glad you like the music, all my nesmaker music currently have triangle drums, but I didn't have enough time to go above and beyond in nezumi.

Trail and error with pitch has led me to get the sound I want, or in case the sound I could get, and during the days of the competition I keep messing with the drums till it can sound right.

If you are using triangle drums I recommend your noise snare should have more higher values to sound more of a hit hat to blend in with the triangle instead trying to make a double snare.

Also my drum are set up in way that I only have to press 0 to get my sound (use 0 as the base note and edit the pitch). And then I can use the other noise notes if I need to swtich it up (GET NINJA / yellow mask theme / STAGE 3 I want it to sound more like the original GET NINJA so I just change my notes until something sounds like it) here is the original gb GET NINJA here: https://soundcloud.com/gxscchater/kill-the-ninjaaaaaa
and here is the original 1st STAGE: https://soundcloud.com/gxscchater/dsn-12-pat-moritas-ninja-limousine-space-nes-adventure that was super hard because I had to layer channels and fight for what sound's right.

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Again... awesome ! I love the graphics <3 thanks for sharing drexegar!

Thanks dale because of you I was able to do these nice graphic effects, and make the boss system too! Thanks for your help again and glad you are a part of the project, I hope we help each other with the rest of the crew to make awesome games in the future!

wallmasterr

This is verry impresve, You have so meany cool elements. Animated cutscenes and bg tiles. Awesome soundtrack and sound effects. And nice visuals, nice to see something other than the default font. Nice work. Bit to wordy for me though, glad there was a game after that intro , you basical made a mini nes movie.

drexegar

wallmasterr said:
This is verry impresve, You have so meany cool elements. Animated cutscenes and bg tiles. Awesome soundtrack and sound effects. And nice visuals, nice to see something other than the default font. Nice work. Bit to wordy for me though, glad there was a game after that intro , you basical made a mini nes movie.

Thanks, glad ya like it.
Yeah I really want to do a movie thing, i'm redoing all the graphics and optimizing so I can have some more animation happen and less glitches and better platform gamplay.
The bg tiles are just pallete effects, but I have an idea to do tile switching without bank switching.

dale_coop

Staff member
Played and finished it today! LOVED it. The platforming is cool, the cutscenes awesome!
Some suggestions: would be great if you could hide the HUD for all cutscene screens!
And maybe... I found bosses were too much hard to beat :p
But overall, it's a really great game... in my top 10!

drexegar

dale_coop said:
Played and finished it today! LOVED it. The platforming is cool, the cutscenes awesome!
Some suggestions: would be great if you could hide the HUD for all cutscene screens!
And maybe... I found bosses were too much hard to beat :p
But overall, it's a really great game... in my top 10!

Glad you enjoyed it dale, most of the work was done in the last weekend of the dead line, a lot of features including boss battles, were also made on the sunday.

- Because of the weird feature of bosses restarting again after getting hit, it almost impossible to make good boss patterns and I spent about two hours working on the fire demon boss at the end of the game. Also lack of up movement, I couldn't do much with the birds until I figure out how to make a up movement behavior.

- Any scene with the HUD hidden was a glitch, I guess because of big sprites, and I didn't have time to make room for a background piece to hide the hud

- I spent time to squeeze in rain effects and sound, though it would be freaking sweet to see that in cutscene with Oki, no time to code thunder though but at least the sound made it.

- like i said before everything is coded in the monster Ai scripts, very messy and unoptimized but I can called them any time I want, but I realized if there is not enough cycles the scrolling engine falls apart.

- the whole game is being redone, graphics will be more colorful (more like beach master) and sprites will be a bit smaller to be more optimized, cutscenes too.

Mugi

Because of the weird feature of bosses restarting again after getting hit, it almost impossible to make good boss patterns

there's a script somewhere in the forum that allows making the monsters not reset when they get hit, which was especially written for bossfights. I think chronicleroflegends wrote it after a discussion about the matter.

yup. here it is: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2298

drexegar

Mugi said:
Because of the weird feature of bosses restarting again after getting hit, it almost impossible to make good boss patterns

there's a script somewhere in the forum that allows making the monsters not reset when they get hit, which was especially written for bossfights. I think chronicleroflegends wrote it after a discussion about the matter.

yup. here it is: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2298

Thanks for the link! I did see this but with no time left didn't want to take a chance, ill try it later when I start the boss battles again!

This is super awesome drexegar! One of my favorites from this competition. I was really impressed. Those cutscenes are definitely my favorite feature.

Also, just gotta say I love the design of your main character.

Top Bottom