Drunk Yeltsin

PewkoGames

New, from PewKo!

Drunk Yeltsin! (Based on 4 international incidents almost caused by drunk boris yeltsin)

Download Here:

EDIT:

Fixed a glitch on the 3rd and 4th Berlin Board.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zWD0_qszbTGRDEOekmVub4qicJGwLiM/view?usp=sharing

68464721_3161793340528288_6429891085236961280_n.jpg

Gameplay Footage:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmyo-ixUl98[/media]

Plot: Boris Yeltsin is drunk (again) and you are his PR guy. Retrieve the nuclear codes Boris dropped while avoiding the bottles of vodka being thrown your way. Avoid the Space Aliens, sentient Swiss Cheese and the Kaiser Wilhelm Impersonators. For extra points collect rubles, and eat the Super Russian Science Pill to become the invincible "Pac-Comrade" for a few seconds. Good luck, and no refunds.

I tried to make this as close to a classic arcade game as I could. 4 boards that repeat but get more difficult as you continue. Pity there's no high score leaderboard option (that's the only thing I'd like to add to make it feel complete) but overall this was fun.

Let me know what you think and if there are any glitches. Though I think This came out pretty stable. Let me know what you think. Music and SFX by me (I finally figured out famitracker!) as well as the graphics and everything else!

Dirk

A fun game as it is always with your games, great style and humour!

I did indeed encounter bugs after finishing the game the first time.

DrunkYeltsin_000.pngBoris walked to the right and landed on a lower platform.
DrunkYeltsin_001.png
I nearly couldn't finish the stage, but I was lucky and could kill him while I was in Pacman-mode.

DrunkYeltsin_002.pngDrunkYeltsin_003.png

After completing the game again he glitched a bit more and walked further to the right until he kept falling through the stage for a while and landing on a platform again.

DrunkYeltsin_004.png

After finishing the game again I came to the famous ⬇10 screen.

I also encountered some slowdowns during gameplay.
Personally I would love it if the character would "snap" to the ladder when climbing it, so you don't get blocked when you are not dead center.

PewkoGames

I must not have put a monster barrier there!

Also what levels did you experience the slowdowns?

Thanks for the feedback!

Dirk

I think even in the first one, but not so pronounced as in the later ones. I think in the Berlin level and especially when there were two bottles on the screen or two guys with their Pickelhaube peeked out of the ground.

PewkoGames

I noticed when I place 2 drones (total of 4 monsters: the projectile, the Pill and 2 drones) it slows down dramatically. So I only put one drone on most levels. For me It didn't slow down with 3 monster objects on the screen. Are there any screens that had 2 drone monster objects? Also the berlin stage with the 2 Pickelhaube drones didn't slow down for me either.

Dirk

I had slowdowns with two bottles.
Yes, there were screens with two drone monsters: the Pickelhauben drones.

Dirk

I played another demo and noticed slowdowns. I realized my emulator had it's region set to PAL, because that is my region. I changed it to NTSC and the slowdowns pretty much vanished. I tried your game again in NTSC mode, but they are still here. The other game I played is made with an other base module so I think that's a reason for less or no slowdowns. Just wanted to inform you in case you read my other posts.

BingoRingo

Haha! Nice game.

It doesn't work on my Everdrive (it has Mapper 30 support), anyone has any idea why? Runs fine on Mesen.

TakuikaNinja

BingoRingo said:
Haha! Nice game.

It doesn't work on my Everdrive (it has Mapper 30 support), anyone has any idea why? Runs fine on Mesen.

You need to install an OS patch found here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?t=393

BingoRingo

TakuikaNinja said:
BingoRingo said:
Haha! Nice game.

You need to install an OS patch found here: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?t=393

I have it installed, my own game in development works flawlessly but I see a grey screen on yours. Perhaps there was an error when I copied it.

TakuikaNinja

BingoRingo said:
I have it installed, my own game in development works flawlessly but I see a grey screen on yours. Perhaps there was an error when I copied it.
A grey screen? Sounds like a save file issue to me (Mesen & NESmaker doesn't support mapper 30 SRAM but Everdrive likely does). Have a look in the save file folder on your Everdrive and try deleting (maybe backup beforehand)
the save files in there.

Top Bottom