Platycat demo 2020

Logana

Okay :3 it is pretty hard but I changed the starting lives from 3 to 5-6 I don’t remember,

mouse spirit

I have to say it was pretty awesome.Very intense.
I lost all my lives once but ended up beating it.
The level design was great especially the mine.
The carts messed me up somtimes which then made
me scared of the rocks with messed me up more.Very good.Wonderful job and thanks for thanking me.
Oh and the spikes didnt kill me all the time.

Logana

Yeah the spikes are hurt tiles because I couldn’t find any other till that was isn’t a death with out resetting the game, and they only hurt you when you move inside then so if your against a wall it dose nothing

Pauldalyjr

Looks great, can't wait to try it. Wish we could play these on our phones. I haven't found an emulator that works with mapper 30 on the phone yet.

CutterCross

Pauldalyjr said:
Looks great, can't wait to try it. Wish we could play these on our phones. I haven't found an emulator that works with mapper 30 on the phone yet.

RetroArch has a few emulator cores that support Mapper#30.

Logana

Congratulations! In my opinion, the game is spoiled by terrible graphics. Of all the graphics, I only liked the trees. :)
I drew my version. If the author likes it, I can redraw all the others sprites.
View attachment 5264
View attachment 5265
Will definitely use these in the future, I will have to build the game up from scratch again, the music is kinda bad the mechanics are kinda badly there, but thanks :3

August Renders

Unfortunately, I find this game to be unplayable.
There's a glitch where the cat character doesn't stop moving after you let go of the directional buttons.
There's also a glitch in the title screen where the background glitches out after you pause and unpause the game.
And sometimes, background tiles don't load properly when the next screen loads in.
Also, why press "B" to pause? I mean, you can press the "Start" button to pause, but why "B?"
Another glitch is that you don't instantly lose when you land on the spike hazards.

Unfortunately, I find this game to be unplayable.
There's a glitch where the cat character doesn't stop moving after you let go of the directional buttons.
There's also a glitch in the title screen where the background glitches out after you pause and unpause the game.
And sometimes, background tiles don't load properly when the next screen loads in.
Also, why press "B" to pause? I mean, you can press the "Start" button to pause, but why "B?"
Another glitch is that you don't instantly lose when you land on the spike hazards.
I agree with 2 out of 4 points you made there chief, I agree with why B to pause and the game's spike hazards...
other than that for a "DEMO" it's pretty great, love the idea that the cat doesn't stop moving after pushing a direction so half-similar
to google's dinosaur minigame or whatever this is amazing though.
and @Logana?
if you need help with this in any way btw just contact me like you've been doing for composing my game's OST (shameless plug, shameless plug)
or if you have ideas for other games you be working on I'll be glad to help with that or this... when I have time away from my youtube and own game development of
course! ; )

Top Bottom