Magnilo 2020 Byte Off Demo

Pauldalyjr

Here is my demo, there are still some issues, graphical glitches and some sound issues going on, but not sure if Ill get time to sort them out before its due. This is sort of a detective/adventure game. Influenced from Maniac Mansion, Zelda, some LJN messes that I actually liked and a couple others. Its not really like any single one of them. Hope you all enjoy it. Let me know what you think. They key is exploring and a little puzzle solving.

Logana

i found a glitch i got into the building and use the first two keys and i couldnt quite figure out what to do next so i tried to follow the notbook and i went back outside and interacted with the bird bush onece more and this diolog appeared and softlocked the game, but its really fun, the only reall issue i have is that the music is really really repeditive witch would be fine if it was repeditive with variation but i just kinda drones on, it really fun and i had a laugh or two at the diolog, if you would be willing to let me do some work on the soundtrack i would thank you greatly because its really good besides that its probably cuz ur sorta new with famitracker or the songs are pretty short but anyway here is the picture the fix would be to just make diolog for the bush on day triggered but anyway its really fun, to bad i have to start over

Attachments

• glitch.png
    glitch.png
    469.8 KB · Views: 460

Logana

i think i made it to the end but yeah its really fun and i like how you have to search areound like an actual detective also how did you get so many npcs on one screen? and also some of the animation that would be impossible with pallet swaping i wanna know for one of the games im working on but this definity is a fantasic experienc so far :3

Attachments

• beaten.png
    beaten.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 454

Pauldalyjr

Logana said:
i found a glitch i got into the building and use the first two keys and i couldnt quite figure out what to do next so i tried to follow the notbook and i went back outside and interacted with the bird bush onece more and this diolog appeared and softlocked the game, but its really fun, the only reall issue i have is that the music is really really repeditive witch would be fine if it was repeditive with variation but i just kinda drones on, it really fun and i had a laugh or two at the diolog, if you would be willing to let me do some work on the soundtrack i would thank you greatly because its really good besides that its probably cuz ur sorta new with famitracker or the songs are pretty short but anyway here is the picture the fix would be to just make diolog for the bush on day triggered but anyway its really fun, to bad i have to start over

Thank you for the feedback!, I will see if I can figure out that glitch you have. Had not run into that yet. I am very new to Famitracker, I would appreciate any help you could provide for the soundtrack!

Pauldalyjr

Logana said:
i think i made it to the end but yeah its really fun and i like how you have to search areound like an actual detective also how did you get so many npcs on one screen? and also some of the animation that would be impossible with pallet swaping i wanna know for one of the games im working on but this definity is a fantasic experienc so far :3

There is an end, it will let you know when you are there. Once you find the hammer you can break through that wall behind you and it continues on for a bit longer. You will be able to find every tool in the demo game. I am not using the NPC tiles Nesmaker provides, I am using a multitile, Bucket Mouse came up with the concept, you can use the same tile over and over for whatever that specific screen needs, its extremely handy, if I wasnt using it I would need like 40 different tile types. Which animation are you wanting to know about?

Logana

Also I would be willing to try to fix up some of the songs or make some new ones if you don’t like the current one just make sure to give me the famitracker files, although it might take me a while cuz I got irl school

Pauldalyjr

Current Demo... this is levels 1&2 of a planned 5. Any feedback is appreciated, cant fix it if I don't know its a problem, and some of you can break a game way better than me.

Attachments

• Magnilo Demo 5.zip
    75.3 KB · Views: 24

Basty

I've only mainly found random graphical glitches thus far. And this wall that wasn't solid.
Couldn't find the hammer from anywhere so I guess that's how far player gets at this point.

Attachments

• bugs1.png
    bugs1.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 14
  • bugs2.png
    bugs2.png
    375.5 KB · Views: 13
  • bugs3.png
    bugs3.png
    519.4 KB · Views: 14

Pauldalyjr

I've only mainly found random graphical glitches thus far. And this wall that wasn't solid.
Couldn't find the hammer from anywhere so I guess that's how far player gets at this point.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, I'll try to sort figure out what's going on here.

Pauldalyjr

Not sure if you kept going, the hammer is burried on the island under the x. You need to find something to dig it up.

Basty

Not sure if you kept going, the hammer is burried on the island under the x. You need to find something to dig it up.
Oh... Okay. I didn't expect to be able to jesus over the water in that beach setting. Having a little indicator that you can do that could be nice
since I see ocean, I think of "Can't walk there so why bother?".

Pauldalyjr

Oh... Okay. I didn't expect to be able to jesus over the water in that beach setting. Having a little indicator that you can do that could be nice
since I see ocean, I think of "Can't walk there so why bother?".
Lol, Good point, I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom