Daft Punk

nick_public

Daft Punk

Post by nick_public » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 am

Not quite sure what I’m even making here, but here’s a little title screen I put together. I don’t know how long it took the rest of you to get up to speed with the ins and outs but man, I’ve put in some serious hours in this first week and I feel like an idiot, lol. I’m not giving up though, that’s for sure.
Attachments
65FE66C1-A101-4C39-AFD5-5C280E6D1923.jpeg
65FE66C1-A101-4C39-AFD5-5C280E6D1923.jpeg (83.68 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
vasge_

Re: Daft Punk

Post by vasge_ » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:23 pm

I like it! That sounds like a cool concept, the two Daft Punk guys would lend themselves really well for an adventure game. And don't worry, just keep developing it, watching the tutorials, and searching for stuff on the forum, you eventually will get the answers to (most) questions you get. Keep it up!
Dirk

Post by Dirk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:48 pm

nick_public wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 am
I’ve put in some serious hours in this first week and I feel like an idiot, lol. I’m not giving up though, that’s for sure.
Don't worry, most of us started at zero. Soon you'll get the hang of it and the people here are very helpful. I tend to just create some sprites for my game when I get stuck with NESmaker or think about my levels or the background story and other characters.
-----
Disclaimer: English is not my first language, so mistakes are bound to happen.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 am

This a a very nice start screen! Great work. Take your time... follow every steps. And have fun!
-----
I know... my english is not perfect
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE (Arcade version - Byte-Off-2019)
My son's game: KUBO 3
nick_public

Post by nick_public » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:59 pm

vasge_ wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:23 pm
I like it! That sounds like a cool concept, the two Daft Punk guys would lend themselves really well for an adventure game. And don't worry, just keep developing it, watching the tutorials, and searching for stuff on the forum, you eventually will get the answers to (most) questions you get. Keep it up!
Thanks Vasge! Yeah I’m quickly realizing that learning the ropes with nesmaker is going to be a marathon, not a sprint, but I’m here for the challenge :)
nick_public

Post by nick_public » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:04 pm

dale_coop wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 am
This a a very nice start screen! Great work. Take your time... follow every steps. And have fun!
Thanks Dale! I pulled a transparent DP logo off google, used a free photo editing app to pixelate it down, then set the image side by side with nesmaker and clicked each individual square... Slowly but surely getting the hang of things :)
Jonny

Post by Jonny » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:27 am

That looks really cool. Maybe you could add something really subtle in the background too? (but that might spoil it, not sure)

I've had a few facepalm moments at myself and asked a few questions on this forum that seem really basic but like Dirk says, everyone has to begin somewhere. There's some really helpful people here and they've always managed to solve my problems, even basic things that have been asked before. My advise is don't struggle with problems, just ask and save yourself loads of time trying to figure it out.

So whats the plan with the finished game? Will you send it to Daft Punk to see if they want to licence it or is it just for fun?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Game: BAD HARE DAY
Youtube: JONNY'S YOUTUBE
Twitter: JONNY'S TWITTER