Farm game (like Harvest Moon)

pit.baldriz

Hi guys!

Do you think is it possible to do a farm game like Harvest Moon GB with the NESmaker software?

Let me know your thoughts.

MrElephant

How are you going to program objects that react like vegetables growing? I've thought about this before, but I just don't think the software is fully functional to explore this option. We don't even have rpg NES maker yet.

In addition to the vegetables question, how are you going to implement the inventory system as well as saving your progress? Joe has shown a tad on the inventory side, but nothing in regards to saving your progress.

Dirk

I think it is possible, but maybe not at the moment unless you are a good ASM coder.
In one of my favorite NESMaker games MOMOC (http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?t=2441) you can destroy and place blocks.
This could be used to for example clear a field of rocks, till the soil, plant plants and so on. A problem is though how to save your progress. If you leave the screen and re-enter it your progress would be lost so you'd have to store the state of every tile on a screen and that for multiple screens. This gets huge very soon.
So, maybe restrict the area where you can plant something and maybe there are some clever tricks to save changes of the tiles without using too much storage.

Top Bottom