I've met with a terrible fate, haven't I ?

The_Siege

Hi, My name is CJ.

I was a stage technician in NYC until Corona Virus. I've worked with tons of different artists. some you would know, others you wouldn't. I've worked in lots of different venues and specialize in audio and backline with knowledge of DMX programming and Dante. I play every instrument and have a nice little studio on a farm around the Delaware Water Gap in NJ.

So...

I want this to be my new gig.

I'm looking for musicians and other stagehands and really anyone that wants to be friends.

I already know the game I want to build, and I am going through the tutorials and will hopefully be through them all cognitively by the end of the month.

I am brand new. inside of 7 days. but I am an aggressive learner with a lot of time.

You are all Djinn to me. You are all mystical gatekeepers of ancient knowledge who MAY assist me on my quest. :mrgreen:

I hope to connect with all of you dope-ass people.

<The_Siege>

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome The_Siege

Glad to have you here with us :)
Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.

Jonny

Sup CJ,

There are quite a few people in the forum heavily into the music side so I think you'll find some interesting topics.
I'm more into the graphics side of things but happy join you on your valiant adventure.

Curious about your game idea? Will it be music related?

Also, any name dropping ??? :p

Logana

I’m somewhat musically inclined, I’ve done a soundtrack for a game and a few free songs for the community although if you ask I make free music like I did for the soundtrack, I’m not perticualy good, mainly self taught in famitracker some work you can find in the sport impel topic in the wip I posted the soundtrack there, it’s nice to meet you and I hope we get in contact later, with some help with music or whatever:3

The_Siege

Hey guys, Infancy stage. But I do have a fully developed plot and ideas on game play. Im sorry but it feels so fresh I feel I have to keep it to myself for the time being. Perhaps you would be willing to help me with some preliminary questions. Things I shouldn't even be thinking about yet without having gone through all the tutorials. ( working on it)

- I am not imagining a button that says 'Import Modules' am I ? I am to assume this is where I can change Game engines in accordance with decided level? This will become a significant development choice IF-

I don't have to worry about cart restriction. My primary objective is not to write for a cartridge. Will an emulator still play my game if it were indeed too big for a cartridge?

- I do not believe my game will be thoroughly complicated like in LOZ, however plot will be important.

- I will want to use multiple game engines depending on level (or sequence of story) What restrictions might I face?

And that brings me back to filesize. Will an emulator just play a bigger game?

- is cart size upgradable if I decided I wanted to write to a cart and data size was an issue ?

The game will not have a million levels.

But a storyboarded sequence of lets say 12

Many sequences will be in duplicate with color variation and difficulty. So it will essentially be the same gameplay flow patterns.

Can anyone tell me how to import a Nametable into nesmaker so my CHR Tileset assembles on screen properly? I only found an old video for the old version of NESmaker and it's different. I am trying to play with a start screen, and then make cut scenes. In addition I am hoping to use warp tiles to send me into cut scenes and the screen is on a timer or an A trigger to take me back to the next game sequence.

I appreciate you guys letting me think some stuff out socially here.

<The_Siege>

Nishi

"Will an emulator still play my game if it were indeed too big for a cartridge?"

Sadly no. The mapper that's used for the game is what kind of dictates how big the game can be. Hench Mapper 30 is used for the most part for home brews, since it allows up to 512kb.

If you want more space you would have to use a different toll since NESMaker only uses Mapper 30. Sadly the MMC5 hasn't been reverse engineered yet.

You can use multiple game play machines, if you have the know how, and don't mind coding. The modules are there to help people get going with the style of game they want. If you wanted a action platformer, that also has auto scrolling shooting sections it can be done... Just be ready to get your programming on, followed by caffeine all nighters.

As for using your own graphics and getting them to assemble. It's just the bitmap file done in 8x8 pixels. And can easily be done in the monster tab and/or game objects.

The_Siege

Heres a clue to the game I wanna build

<The_Siege>

Attachments

• BckCHR_00  soundboard top.jpg
    BckCHR_00 soundboard top.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom