Hello everyone!

goldendark007

Hi! Excited to try this out but I have one question: When you download the latest version and a newer version comes out, how does the program update? I see multiple versions on the site and am just wondering if you need to reuse the activation code and lose out on anything or if you can update for free. Thanks.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome goldendark007
Glad to have you here with us.
When a new version is release, the zip file contains everything, just unzip and use it.
For your old project, you can reopen it in the new version...
But if your project will surely need some modifications to work with the new version.
Once activated on a PC, NESMaker doesn’t need to be re-activate, even if you are using a new version.

goldendark007

dale_coop said:
Welcome goldendark007
Glad to have you here with us.
When a new version is release, the zip file contains everything, just unzip and use it.
For your old project, you can reopen it in the new version...
But if your project will surely need some modifications to work with the new version.
Once activated on a PC, NESMaker doesn’t need to be re-activate, even if you are using a new version.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear!! I currently have an i3 laptop and an older tower that I use for all my repro/programming needs. If I activate on my laptop (which will likely get rebooted when I get my new desktop in January) can I contact support for a "renewed" activation code? I plan to have it on this laptop after I finally get around to factory resetting it - but I wanted to get started on making some stuff now. Thanks again for the help!! :D

Basically, I want to activate it on two computers but one will get factory reset in a few months. When that happens - can I contact support to get a new activation code so I can put it back on the same laptop? Thanks

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes, if your your factory reset your pc, and you can't activate it again. Just contact the support, they will deactivate the old one.

Top Bottom