Mark AKA DJ SUPER SONIC from Maryland USA

Mark_Homayouni

Hey peeps I have a bachelors degree in Simulation and digital entertainment from the University of Baltimore. I have successfully released two indie titles for XBOX 360(with my good friend Pete whom I met at Video Game College) , one game is called SUPER SANTA SLAYER which is like a X-Mas themed version of Street Fighter 2/Mortal Kombat and it features 2 stage fatalites which involves either getting implaled by a candy cane spike pit or implaled by a x-mas tree depending on which side your player is on it can be triggerd by uppercutting the opponent on his last bar of health. The two songs featured in SUPER SANTA SLAYER (created by me) are both X-Mas Themed death metal including a Jingle Bells (Jingle Hell) and Carol of The Bells (Carol of the Hells). This game was not largely successful but it was fun making it and is good for a couple laughs and fun to play against a friend in 2 player mode or Story mode, Some of the characters include The Grunch(Grinch reinvented for copyright obviously) Mecha Santa, Rudolph, Snow man , and Chris Kringle aka SUPER SANTA. The game features retro style throwback graphics made in the amazing program Microsoft paint, the animations were made in Graphics Gale. The Game was made in Microsoft C# programming language. Check out the Trailer for SUPER SANTA SLAYER HERE: https://youtu.be/miaWzmd6l6A.

Another game which was released by my friend PETE and I is Called Kollosus Roar which was inspired by "the Collosus Roar" from the X-Men Arcade Game also made hugely popular at Magfest where the Collosus roar sort of works like "The Wave" where someone yells the Collosus Roar and it starts a chain reaction where everyone yells the Collosus roar that hears it in the distance or surrounding area its really funny but can become somewhat redundant. Our Game Kollosus Roar features 5 stages of various Gameplay With a Final Boss. The game itself was created as a tribute to Magfest and the "Collosus roar" for fun and was not intended to make money. We made a few bucks off of the game but the game really was brought to light by a review from ROOSTER TEETH as a RAGE QUIT and Has around a million views on Youtube which is pretty cool even though the game can be classified as "shitty" given the frustrating hitboxes and differentiating contols on every level. The music can be classified as Techno and was created by myself using LSDJ and FL Studio. The game was made using the same techniques as SUPER SANTA SLAYER Check out the Rooster Teeth review Here: https://youtu.be/47UvT80fng0

Besides making games in my spare time I have been making Electronic music for over 10 years and I currently use the program Ableton to write and create electronic music. My musicain Nickname is DJ SUPER SONIC and I have performed at many Music festivals including Magfest events and Video Game Themed Conventions in and around the Mid atlantic region of the Eastern US. When I perform as DJ SUPER SONIC I wear a Giant Sonic the Hedgehog mask while DJing. I have written many Original and Remix albums inspired by Videogames and Videogame culture. All my music is free at djsupersonic.bandcamp.com please download it and check it out maybe pitch in a few bucks if you can.

Im super excited to get started in NES Game Maker , as a game maker myself development can be a long overwheming project from start to finish. But as a developer my main goal is just to have fun try to make something cool. I think the goal of making videogames is to make something cool to be shared among friends or talked about online or in actual conversation as something that makes people happy and give a sense of challange in our lives, something to distract us from the challenge of life that we face everyday. Thanks alot for working hard on this project and making this NES Maker program a reality. The various possible games you could create seem unlimited and its up to us to use our creativity and imagination to bring our creations to light and share with the world. Hopefully these games make the world a better place by bringing joy to the players. Real life is like game, you really have to level up to stay ahead there are no cheat codes to enter and you only have one life it can be really difficult at times but its best to enjoy the ride while it lasts and make the most out if it , and when it comes to making video games make it your "Special Move".

Thanks for reading, I look forward to seeing all the awesome game ideas come to life <3
-DJ SUPER SONIC

JakeSpencer

Hey DJ, welcome to the circus! I appreciate you and others who submit their artistic works for free online as resources for others, a la Creative Commons or CopyLeft. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Mihoshi20

I have to completely agree, those who use their skill and talents to help fill in the gaps and provide a hand up for those lacking in such areas I can't give my gratitude enough towards, hell, probably nearly half of all youtubers wouldn't even have a soundtrack if not for the efforts of Kevin MacLeod to which many owe eternal gratitude.

Top Bottom