Hello

hairycarrot

Hello,

I like this program very much. I backed this because I like making things. I like the idea that I can make the kind of games I find amusing.

This forum has been very helpful so far, and I've only done a little bit.

But now I'm stuck. How do you search the forum? It always excludes my search terms.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome HairyCarrot :)
Glad you joined us on the forum.
NESMaker is very fun, as we can make our own games for the NES, even if we are not ASM coders.

The search function ignore the most common words or short words (else it will give you too much results), you need to search on relevant keywords.
Or when you can't find, you can make a topic explaing your problem, with the more details possible (screenshots, copy/paste of error messages, ...).

Dirk

hairycarrot said:
But now I'm stuck. How do you search the forum? It always excludes my search terms.

I know, the forum search function has been almost completely useless for me. It suggests using keywords that are not as common. The problem with this is my keywords are exactly what they need to be and are specific enough, I can't be more specific.
So, I recommend ditching the forum search completely and using Google. You can search specific sites instead of the whole web if you write:

Code:
site:NESmaker.com my search keywords

This helped me a lot finding info on the forums.

Top Bottom