Hiya!

Nintend0Nerd

Hello, I'm A.D. / Nintend0Nerd

For several months I've been working on a game for my friend's 18th birthday. Work in Unity started to slow pretty quick as my plans just grew more and more ambitious. When this tool came out, I decided I'd switch development to it, since the NES will naturally limit my ambitions.

I've already asked a lot of questions and I thank everyone who's helped me! It's gonna be a busy next two months of me speed developing this game in time for his birthday in November.

I'm more of an artist then I am a programmer, but I've always day dreamed about ideas for games and such. I'm happy to be actually doing it now. It's going a bit rough at the beginning, and asm is confusing me a lot. However, hope I'll get used to it all quickly!

Glad to be here!

TurtleRescueNES

Welcome and good luck! Don't push yourself with learning the coding side. You can make a fully functional game without having to tap into the ASM scripts. I'm sure your friend will appreciate the fact you made a game for him no matter what! :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Nintend0Nerd,
Great idea, your friend will be very surprised and happy!
As jsherman said, you don't relly need to know hwo to code... just follow the tutorial videos and you will already have a fun game (that you can tweak/adapt to your taste).
Don't hesitate to share your WIP, comments, ideas and of course, questions ;)

Top Bottom