Activation code error - check internet / proxy server

racicorp

Hi

I just got my activation code a few days ago. When trying to activate the software, I get an error message . "There was an error activating NESMaker. Please verify your connection to the internet or the presence of a proxy server".

Has anyone encountered this error ? or know what is directly causing the error?

I am using windows 7 and trying to activate NESMaker_4_0_0. and my internet connection is working.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

dale_coop

Staff member
Try directly with NESMaker 4.0.11
And maybe your antivirus blocks the internet activation...? Try to disable it.

racicorp

I disabled my antivirus and windows firewall, unfortunately I was met with the same error message.

Thanks for your time and help.

dale_coop

Staff member
You could also try to run NESMaker as Adminstrator (right click, “Run as Administrator”).
Your pc is connected to internet, right?

dale_coop

Staff member
I don’t have anymore idea...
I would suggest to try again, from scratch, download the last version of NESMaker, check that the antivirus is disabled, unzip it in your Documents folder or Downloads folder (or on the desktop). Not in Program Files.
Restart your internet, your pc,...
And start NESMaker and activate it.

racicorp

After deleting all zip / unzipped copies, I restarted my pc. Upon restarting, I disabled my antivirus and firewall. I re-downloaded nesmaker version.4_11.
Instead of saving the unzipped files to program files or saving it to the D: drive, I chose desktop as recomended. After entering all of the needed credentials it worked.

A HUGE thanks to dale_coop for taking time out of your day to help me out. Last suggestion was a grand slam.

Take care.

dale_coop

Staff member
Oh! Very glad it worked. Now you can join the party ;)
Don't forget to watch the tutorial videos to learn how to use NESMaker and how to make your a game.

Top Bottom