Introducing myself!

blimppilot

Hello!

My name is Tim. I'm a backer on kickstarter. I'm working through the platformer tutorial right now and I'm having a blast with it! I've been kinda busy and haven't been able to tool around with the software. Better late than never! I've been a fan of the NES since it came out so NES maker is a dream come true! Can't wait for 4.1! I am equally excited to play all of your creations! :D

I have some noob questions.

I chose the wrong code editing software and I can't seem to change it. Is their a way I can change it to Notepad++?

Thanks!

dale_coop

Staff member
blimppilot said:
I chose the wrong code editing software and I can't seem to change it. Is their a way I can change it to Notepad++?

You need do that in Windows. Wich verison of Windows are you using?
Open a Windows Explorer, navigate to your NESMaker scripts... then on a .asm script file, do a right-click and choose "Open with..." and something like "select another application". A dialog will open with a list of applications, you can select NotePad++ and click on the checkbox to always open asm files with this application. (if notepad++ is not on the list, you can browse to search the notepad++.exe on your computer, usually in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\" folder)

Top Bottom