Coming in blind!

Ridgly

Was stunned that this was actually a thing; and was quickly excited by the idea i could perhaps fulfill my childhood dream and make my own NES game (possibly!), so i thought it fitting i would make an account here and see how things pad out! I been playing older titles since i was young and the idea of making my own game is something i never thought i could manage, I am an artist and animator by trade, i never have had any knowledge on how to code or script a video game; that dream was dashed long ago, though here's hoping this can change!

Not sure what else to write without seeming like i am rambling, definitely new territory for me!

Cheers!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Ridgly :)
Happy you joined us here, a lot of great people here. Everyone think the same, NESMaker is an incredible tool... it made our old dream becoming a reality <3

Can't wait ti see what you will create with NESMaker.
Before starting, don't forget to watch the tutorial videos (to learn how to use NESMaker and how to make your first simple video)

Ridgly

I have been binge watching a few on Youtube in regards to the Adventure module, i will admit the program seemed a bit daunting though things are slowly clearing up bit by bit. I have had an idea to make an overhead game that can switch to a sidescroller segment depending on the scene, something akin to Zelda 2, though to be honest much more in the format of 'Snakes Revenge' if i want to be fully honest.

I always had a fascination with how that game was designed in my youth, and despite the games many flaws i always felt it could have been approached differently, the "Stealth" mechanic and large assortment of items was something i was't used to seeing, so i'll likely be attempting to build an engine like that and then iron it out as i go.

Though I am sure it is possible, i have no idea how to switch from an overhead to a side scrolling segment unless i perform some kind of witchcraft, for now i think i will just try and figure how the software works and perhaps dig deep into it as i go!

Top Bottom