Hey everyone! Famitracker composer here!

CutterCross

Hi! I make NES music using Famitracker! You can commission me to make tracks for your own NES games!
I also dabble in artwork, including sprite/background tile art, but composing is more my strong suit.

I've recently created a small, free PC game called The Legend of Takemaru. Check it out here:

https://cuttercross.itch.io/the-legend-of-takemaru

Check out my music on YouTube and Soundcloud!

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHXqT6BNFn46mvIeCKDz6PA
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/paul-haas-752206774

Great sounding stuff, you may be hearing from me for some music help in the future, sure you will have plenty of inquires for commissions. :) haven't got to Famitracker yet but have a small amount of midi music I've composed and will want to rework, expand on to fit NES requirements. It's going to be a long strange trip.

CutterCross

Awesome! And thank you for the compliment! I've been working on the soundtrack to a couple games I want to make with NESmaker.

I'm aware that some of the music I've shown on Youtube won't directly work with NESmaker's GGsound engine, but it just needs to be re-written differently. I can make it sound nearly identical in the correct format (no effects, no channel volume, etc.). My soundtrack for Parallel Worlds is already written in a format that should work with NESmaker. (haven't tested that myself though, I'll have to wait until it releases in August.)

Hello Everyone reading. I liked CutterCross' youtube videos and contacted him about doing a bunch of midi tunes I had created into usable famitracker files. He tackled one of the main tunes and sent it to me, I liked it but felt it needed a little fine tuning which he did and now I love it. He took my tune and fleshed it out some so it's a little longer and fuller. He has it up on his youtube channel, it is called "Wandering". The final has a couple edits, a more finished ending and is slowed to about 85% speed which I prefer, Paul likes the faster one and I will probably use it though sped up even more for a level in a later game. I am going to reuse music a little between games I make though altered or just in small bits.

So very happy with the first song and looking forward to hearing more of Paul's work on my, his, and other people's game music.

HAHA no shit?!?

i've been listening to your output on youtube quite alot over the past buncha weeks,
and curious if you did commision work within the GGsound parameters.

i will be definitely in touch once i'm closer to a stage i'm comfortable with.

also...

welcome to the forum!

CutterCross

functionalform said:
HAHA no shit?!?

i've been listening to your output on youtube quite alot over the past buncha weeks,
and curious if you did commision work within the GGsound parameters.

i will be definitely in touch once i'm closer to a stage i'm comfortable with.

also...

welcome to the forum!

Why thank you! And yes! I do commission work within GGsound limitations!

In fact, all the music I made for Parallel Worlds is already within GGsound parameters (as that's the game I'm going to create with NESmaker). I didn't sign up for any of the betas, so I haven't been able to test if my songs work correctly, but everything falls in line with whats on the GGsound website. If there are any problems when NESmaker releases I'll be more than happy to fix the songs accordingly.

Top Bottom