Yo

ellison

<t>Hi, all. I bought NESMaker last night and have been watching tutorials all day. I'm not a programmer by any means, but I've always loved making sprites, especially tile based ones. I'm going to use NESMaker to make a game I've wanted to make for a long time, but I'm going to make a simple game first to get my feet wet. If you don't hear from me again, I've either gave up, or figured it all out on my own. The first ones more likely!</t>

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Ellison
Happy you joined us :)
Don’t worry, just follow the tutorial videos and you can’t start making simple games (already very fun!)
And if you have issues or questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Can’t wait to see what you will create with NESMaker :)

cargo

spam bots yandex
Hi and welcome to the forums. A few notes to get you started:

+ Read about this important fix for 4.0.11: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=735
+ Currently the search field on the forums is broken, so if you experience trouble use your favorite search engine using a query similar to this:

my question site:nesmakers.com

+ Tired of pressing a key to get rid of the output command line window every time you export to test? Then read this post.
+ Delay the music part for last after riding the initial NESMaker learning curve. Read this thread for information on the current technical quirks regarding music in NESMaker.

+ The flasher needs drivers and unfortunately it's a bit of a mess how to go about it. If you got the new mini flasher (looks like the photo in this post) then you need to ask Infinite NES Lives for the drivers. Open up a support ticket at the INL website. If you got and older flasher with the bigger board (similar to this one --- may not have all the slots as the one in the picture) then the drivers are located under "Flasher" inside your NESMaker install folder.

+ You can ask questions here, on the facebook public group or at the Community Discord server.

Good luck

Top Bottom