Greeting to you all!

matt_lebeau

My name is Matt and I am finally getting started. I have basic designs and drafts made out for 4 games and I am not sure which one to start first. I have already been working on the pixel assets to fine tune them before starting.

matt_lebeau said:
My name is Matt and I am finally getting started. I have basic designs and drafts made out for 4 games and I am not sure which one to start first. I have already been working on the pixel assets to fine tune them before starting.

Welcome to the community! Make sure you check out the tutorial videos, and If you need any help, you can ask questions here, on the fb group, or at the Community Discord. Good luck, and happy Nesmaking!

cargo

spam bots yandex
Hi and welcome to the forums.

You should start with the Adventure youtube tutorial. Files for that are located under "Beta Assets" inside the NESMaker folder. Be sure to pause the video as you follow along. A few notes to get you started:

+ Read about this important fix for 4.0.11: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=735
+ Currently the search field on the forums is broken, so if you experience trouble use your favorite search engine using a query similar to this:

my question site:nesmakers.com

+ Tired of pressing a key to get rid of the output command line window every time you export to test? Then read this post.
+ Delay the music part for last after riding the initial NESMaker learning curve. Read this thread for information on the current technical quirks regarding music in NESMaker.
+ Flasher driver installation is a bit of a mess currently. If you got the new mini flasher (looks like the photo in this post) then you try can the drivers in this post ---> http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1553#p9986 or open up a support ticket at the Infinite NES Lives website and ask them for the drivers.

+If you got an older flasher with the bigger board (similar to this one) then the drivers are located under "Flasher" inside your NESMaker install folder.

Good luck and happy nesmaking.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome on board, Matt :)
Glad to have you here with us. Can't wait to see what you will create with NESMaker.
My good advice, follow the tutorial videos to learn to use the tool and how to make your first games. Then you're ready to start... and feel free to share your ideas, wip, codes here and don't hesitate to ask questions. There always good people here to help you.

Top Bottom