Hi Nes Maker community from Canada

Slayer_Steph

Hi I discover Nes Maker, really love the software it's a old childhood dream comes true !! They are multiple games I want to do, I bought Nes Maker with the 4.11 version, and everithing works fantastic, with some minor issues, but I know with the newer version it will be fix so it's not a big issue as the main things works great !! I'm actually more into making a somekind of Zelda Game, with a Character that I create a while ago, my own saga, like Conan the Barbarian. On the 4.11 version everithing is perfect, but with the newer version 4.1.0 I got a big issue about melee weapon but I will post a post about that in another topic.

I'm not as so much familiar with game programing, as script, I could know witch one to take, but modified them hummmmmm I'm not enough skill for that, as to understand the errors, sometime I can find, some other not, but correct them only if I could get clear examples, but as the games are all different, the solutions may not always been compatible, also for some more experienced in gaming programing, what may be very simple for you, may be more complicated for me to understand. But I do my Best, and here I find lot of solutions that's works, so I'm new in gaming programming but not as so bad. Also I'm a french Canadian, I'm bilingual but I may mispelled words of talk a little bad haha, but I don't think it will be an issue !!

Well the community is really helpfull and fantastic, so wish you all an happy 2019 year to everybody here, with the Best in everithing for everyone !! Cheers !!

Happy new year to you as well! We're glad to have you with us, if you have any questions at all you can ask here, on the FaceBook group, or over at the Community Discord. Have fun, and happy Nesmaking! :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Bienvenue Slayer_Steph!
Glad you joined us here. Always happy that see more and more people from everywhere.
I will not give you might usual recommendations (watch the tutorials before starting, ...) I think you already know and did that.
Yeah, a lot of things changed in the 4.1 but somehow we will figure out how to make things we used to do in previous versions ;)

Anyway... Can't wait to see what you will create with NESMaker. And don't hesitate to share your games/demos/ideas... and ask for help if needed.

Slayer_Steph

Thanks sooo much, I'm so glad to be there, as we have all the same common goal, having our childhood come true, and with Nes Maker, it's sooo much closer than ever before. And yes I follow the tutorial as well, as so much that I know them mostly so familiar so I'm used to it, but yeah in every newer version we have to fix things to make all things works, so I'm not as much worried about that as I know everyone here do it's best to find the right solution and help others that are less familiar with gaming programing, it's a huge great community of huge support here than I found more than anywhere else !! I will surely ask some questions as well as I will pot something about my issue I have now, but I have to go sleep but thanks all of you as eveyone is very active here as well the support is extremely awesome !! About my game I'm making it's a somekind of adventure game like Zelda game but with a Conan like character, my own creation that I create from some years ago with my own story line, but putting here in a video game, wich more resume in video game on Nes as it's a huge sage, when it will be more close the to end result I will add some photo and video gameplay, with also my own drawing about my Conan like Sage, but I will have to do some modification cause I took some graphics from elsewhere to begin but they are so perfect for my game but with some modification I can do something as much perfect to make it all work as I want !!

Also Dale_Coop, I believe you are a french man as me as well to I'm I right ?

Well thanks again all of you cheers !!! :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Oh wow a Conan adventures game, pretty cool.
Yeah, I’m French (you can eassily guess by all my wrong, incorrect, broken English) ;)
Can’t wait to follow your projects

PS: don’t worry, there will be always people trying to help you on the forum (and on the FB group).

dale_coop said:
Oh wow a Conan adventures game, pretty cool.
Yeah, I’m French (you can eassily guess by all my wrong, incorrect, broken English) ;)
Can’t wait to follow your projects

PS: don’t worry, there will be always people trying to help you on the forum (and on the FB group).

I'm always on the Community Discord if you need help as well.

Top Bottom