Hello everyone!

SerafukuSoftware

Hello you wonderful people!

I've been a huge NES and Famicom nut since I was a kid, I grew up playing countless hours of games, and when I noticed NESMaker on Kickstarter I was overwhelmingly excited. I was even more inspired when I found CutterCross' Tower of Turmoil on the forums. I thought this game is an awesome example of what potential NESMaker has. (And if you're reading this CutterCross, Thanks heaps for inspiring me, man!) There's so many amazing projects going on at the moment, I thought It'd be cool to join in.

Personally I'm amateur at best when it comes to developing games, making art and creating music. But that doesn't mean I'm not full of ideas, and hopefully they'll be achievable on the NES/Famicom Hardware. I believe that will change in time thanks to this community. I've recently acquired an Activation Code and have been catching up with Joe's very informative tutorials. I'm having an absolute blast with the NESMaker so far. It's so satisfying seeing your creations, even if its just the tutorial projects, running on actual hardware on an old CRT TV. Therefore I'm currently working on a demo of my first little game, it's nothing too special at the moment but once I'm satisfied with it I'll upload it to the WIP thread for everyone to see and play. I'll also post my ideas on the Concept thread for community input. :-D

For now this is another hobby for me, which I hope to make it something more in the near future. The NESMaker forums looks to be a community full of kind, helpful and talented NES enthusiasts, which I'm very excited to soon be apart of.

- Lockster of Serafuku Software (I chose the name because I'm also a bit of a weeb)

dale_coop

Staff member
Hello SerafukuSoftware and welcome :)
We are glad to have you here with us. NESMaker is a great tool and is making our childhood dreams becoming true ;) Now we are able to make our own NES game and playing it on a real NES. It's so awesome!
Can't wait to see what you will create with NESMaker. Don't hesitate to ask for help, share your ideas, your WIP, ...

SerafukuSoftware

Thank you for the warm welcoming, Dale! :D It's amazing what NESMaker could be capable of. I'm currently making some good progress on my first demo, which I'm looking forward to showing everyone hopefully soon. I'll definitely be sure to ask if I need any assistance.

Hello there :)

nice to meet you and welcome to the club. I am like you a huge nes fan, in fact that is what started my profession as a software developer. I tell people I am a software developer by day and a android/game developer by night as well as a dad lol.

SerafukuSoftware

Thanks man, That's really awesome! Like in all honesty my programming skills are very limited and NESMaker along with its scripts is a new learning curve for me, but I always hope to improve as time progresses. As of now, the artistic-side of things is more my "profession" :D

Top Bottom