Greetings, muggles.

Icon-Ninja

I'm Kale Menges, some of you have probably seen me in the Facebook group. Been a professional game developer for nearly a decade and a half now, concept art and UI art/design, making art a lot longer than games, though (graphic design, illustration, iconography, typography, etc.), and playing games for nearly four decades. The NES is the reason I became a game developer in the first place, favorite platform of all time (have about 220 NES/Famicom carts in my collection). About died when I first heard about NESMaker when the Kickstarter first launched, waited a long time for something like this. If you ever have questions about making pixel art or Photoshop or general art questions (color theory, principles of visual design, typography, iconography, etc.), hit me up. ;)

(En plus, je suis francophone, donc si par fois vous avez besoin traduire ou quelque chose, n'hesitez pas m'en demander!)

If you're curious, here's a video of my current NESMaker project running on my NES (captured with an analog-input Elgato card, no sound), WIP in version 4.0.11. I'm currently updating it to 4.1.5, though, and hoping to have a big update for it posted soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5i-ho1LN5Y

(Sorry, had embedding initially disabled on that video; should be good now.)

Mugi

ah yes, the creator of my absolutely favourite nesmaker project hands down.
i stand in awe of the overall atmosphere and visuals of this game.

Great googly moogly this looks amazing. welcome to the group wow. Gotta say its the same for me the nes started my career to. a lot of real game developers here. Me I am just a business software developer made applications for business / commercial user never really for this.

Top Bottom