New to all of this but fulfilling a dream!

Dekay

Hey all!
I’ve recently discovered Nesmaker and am currently in the beginning stages of writing out and planning my very first game. I am a very ambitious and “dive in head first” type of person. The game I am attempting to create is somewhere between Faxanadu and The Adventure of Link. I intend to use both the overworlds map effect like The Adventure of Link, with platform adventure similar to Faxanadu. I am well aware of the complications and difficulties involved, but I have a vision, and I know it’s possible. However, I am entirely new to all of this. I have watched all of the tutorial videos and have a very, VERY minor grasp of what I’m getting into. So far, as best as I can tell, the best way is to have an idea and dive in and make adjustments as I go. I am hoping that this forum will help me out along the way as I suspect most of you are far better versed in the ins-and-outs of the programming and coding realm.

I just wanted to introduce myself as a newb. You will likely see plenty of me here as I am very passionate about making my game happen.

Cheers!

dale_coop

Staff member
WWelcome Dekay :)
Glad to have you here with us. Great idea, great motivations...
NESMaker is a really awesome tool to make NES games. Even if a LOT of things are possible (check the WIP and the Finished Games if you are curious), you should start your journey by making simple games at first (small scope adventure game with some simple mechanics... or platformer). That will help you in your futur project... Then when you will have experience, you can go working on your Magnum Opus.
Don't hesitat eto share your projects, ideas, comments... questions, you will find help here on the forum.
Can't wait to see what you will creat ewith NESMaker :)

Hello, and welcome to the community.

If you have any questions, or just wanna share your progress you can ask here, visit the FaceBook group, or go over to the Community Discord .
Have fun, good luck, and happy NESmaking. :)

Top Bottom