Hi, I'm New.

ace_ven2001

Hi Everybody,

I have just now gotten around to exploring NES Maker, and I could use some help getting started. Can anybody point out any updates I absolutely need to download? I downloaded version 4.1.5, and I don't know what has already been updated in this version.

Also, if anybody has any recommendations for additional software to supplement NES Maker, I'm open to suggestions. I'd appreciate any direction for getting started, and I will be looking into the tutorials and other Forum subjects ASAP.

Thank you,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

How Familiar are you with a SIM and have you done any other type of game development software before if not then I would recommend doing the tutorials on the new hated heroes.com and studying those once you get familiar with the software then I would look at trying to add small pieces of code that are already in the forums I then want you get comfortable with that then I would consider learning ASM 6 . So that's where I would start Hope that helps.

AEric

dale_coop

Staff member
welcome ace_ven2001
Happy you joined us :)

First things first... watch the tutorial videos on the website, you will learn how to use NESMaker, how it works... and will guide you to make your first simple games. Follow strictly...
Then when you can go wild ;) Ah ah
Don’t hesitate to share your projects on the forum, your comments, ideas, questions... you will also find here answers, scripts, resources, help ;)

Have fun!

Welcome to the fun house / jungle. Lol in terms of software i recommend famitracker. And the nes screen tool at https://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml

These will help with making music and assets.

Top Bottom