Hello

Trazmaball

I am a newbie game creator (haven't even gotten 2% of any project I've worked on). This fall I'll be going to a school that teaches game coding, then after I graduate then I'll be going to a college that has specific programs for game making. A few months ago I started working a fangame in gamemaker. Coding is draining as crap. But I've set my sights to make the game. I'm gonna be using it as a basis so that when I'm done with it, I can move on to my own game, with it's own story, characters, etc. My idea is to make a sort of demo/teaser for the game. But my plan is to only make it 10 minutes and to do that in gamemaker just wouldn't be worth it. Besides I could make other games in NESMaker as well. But anyways I have a question, is the $36 worth it? Mind you I'm not gonna be working on my own official game till like 2025 or 2030. So I've got a while till then.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Trazmaball
Is NESMaker worth its 36$? Of course it worth is... Do you need it...? If you just want to make games that looks like 8bit games, and play on pc... (and already learning GameMaker) I'd say to go with GameMaker ;) If you're not good ad ASM and want to make real NES games (that can be played on NES console), yes NESmaker is a real treasure fro that! You will have fun!

Trazmaball

Thank you for responding! Later on down the road, even if its not for the game teaser, I'll make sure to use NESMaker ^_^

Top Bottom