Hello Everyone!

Watchman5

My name is Ben but I go by Watchman5 on here. I'm a musician looking for work in the indie dev scene as a composer, but I'm having a hard time since I don't have a traditional education (or even a degree for that matter) or much previous experience. To keep my creative juices flowing I am currently working on a video game by myself using NESmaker and FamiTracker. Pretty tough to do with a mac, no midi keyboard, and being extremely rusty with digital art, but I'm willing to take on the challenge! I look forward to showing my future progress with the project as well as the interactions I may have with any of you in the meantime!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Watchman5
Glad to have you here with us. We all love composer.
Don't hesitate to share your wip, ideas... and if you have questions (that tutorial videos didn't answer), you can ask here, we will always try to rely to you.
Can't wait to sea and hear what you will create
Have fun!

The Lenny

I don't know that formal or traditional education (degree) is a necessity for what we are doing here. So don't let that preventing you from making your best efforts. Experience is what counts here. Though...that does sound somewhat hypocritical coming from me, since I haven't even started (other than sprites and tile sets).

Watchman5

I'm taking a similar approach to the creators of nesmaker in that I am making a game out of ideas I had when I was a kid. So currently I'm just trying to "modernize" my ideas and make sense of all of it in an NES setting. I still need to get Windows 10 from a friend of mine so I can use bootcamp.

Top Bottom