Bonjour! Konnichiha! Hello!

NeoBenj

Hello there,

I am Benj. Born in France. Worked in Japan. Currently living in Canada. :roll:

In real life, I am a AAA Game Designer for big companies for around 12 years now. :geek:
In 8bitsHero life I am working on a (modest) 2P Adventure Game. ;)

I feel super grateful for this wonderful tool, the amazing tutorial. ;) And also for the strong, polite and supportive community. :D

Struggling everyday with the crazy graphical limitations pushing me to find creative ways to make beautiful screens. :lol:
And struggling even more with ASM. :x
A lot of reading on the forum, and a LOT of experimentation and try&error to figure out what line of code does what (I feel so desperate at time). :geek:

Hope to hear from you and also hope to show you screens from time to time. :)

Cheers!

dale_coop

Staff member
Bienvenue NeoBenj
Glad to have you here with us. NESmaker is a very fun tool to make game that actually can be run on real NES console!
Ah ah... you work for a AAA company (surement chez nos amis Ubi ;)) I am sure, we can learn a lot from you.
You will find already a lot of scripts, resources, inspirations... (I'd suggest to check the WIP & Finished Games sections).
Don't hesitate to share your thoughts, ideas, projects... if you have questions, comments, ... feel free to post here. There will always be someone to reply ;)

btw, have you tried some ogf the Byte-Off competition games?
Have fun!

NeoBenj

Thank for the warm welcome.
Well, developing game on current consoles and Nesmaker are 2 very different things. :)
But I keep for sure basics and theories.

Really impressed by the creativity of members so far.

And personally, thanks Dale for the time you are taking to answer each one of us, and for all the tips and tuto.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah coding with modern language (for modern platforms) is quite different. But when you got the logic, it's because easier... the most difficult remains the hardware specifies and limitations.
Like a lot of us, it's a passion... so when I have some time, and can help, of course I help. Why not ;)

PS: I live in France (Nantes) and go often to Japan (Tokyo, my wife is Japanese). One day, I will go to Canada.

Top Bottom