Hi folks

waygooda

Hi all, just introducing myself. I'm a former NES kid turned adult C# programmer. Like others, the idea of making my own NES game has been one of those ideas swimming around in my brain for the last 30 years ever since I first played the original Legend of Zelda (although Zelda II was always my favorite game, apparently an unpopular opinion). But I never thought about making a game in any serious way... until I came across NESMaker last week. What a great tool! I have no illusions of making epic games that will be played by the masses. But I have a 9-year old son who helped me make a simple overworld map last night, and it's awesome to be thinking of gameplay ideas together. I look forward to learning and we'll see what comes of it.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome waygooda
Glad to have you (and your son) here with us :) NESmaker is a great tool to make NES games that can be played on real NES consoles.
When you start using the tool, don't forget to watch all the tutorial videos, to know how it works, to learn how to use. Because there are small details in settings or concepts that needs to be known, else your game might glitch :p
And the 20min tutorials are a good way to create your first NES games.
Don't hesitate to share your projects, comments, ideas on the tool, ... if you have issues don't hesitate to ask on the forum.
You right, NESmaker is also very fun with your kids (my 6yo old son is addicted to NESmaker too... you can find his games "KUBO", on the forum).
Can't wait to see what you and your son will create :)
Have fun!

Top Bottom