What a horrible night to have a curse...

TrevorDarksteel

Greetings all! You may have seen me on the Facebook page as Bobby Winn, you may not have. I live in the southwestern end of New Mexico, where dust devils can become a mobile part of traffic in the summer! Other than the natural beauty around, there isn't a whole lot to see or do for about 60 miles around. What do you do in times like that? You build stuff, that's what! In 2015 I began my college career, but just a year later I had to step away from classes (In game design and development of all things) to tend to my mental health. Hopefully sometime in the next year I start taking classes again.

My gaming enthusiasm goes way back to 1988, and I was released from beta in 1985, so that can be seen as a decently long time lol. I used to believe that little people lived inside the cartridges and had their own lives when the power was off. When I watched a show on PBS that highlighted how games like Pole Position and Grand Prix were made by people, I knew my future. I think that was 1992, maybe 1991. Fast forward to High School, and I discovered a ROMHack utility for Zelda 2 by some DarkMazda, and that lead me to hunt that utility down, by which I discovered GameMaker 4.6, Zelda Classic v182b, and discovered the level editor in Unreal Tournament. *queue nostalgia reel of projects and projects*. This carried on for probably six or seven years, until I met a karmic fate and was handed a sentence. During that time of incarceration, I thought that my gaming and building had stood between me and being the responsible individual my young family needed me to be (which was absolutely true, but not entirely), and so I tried to force myself to forget all my nerdy knowledges and become less ingrained in gaming and geekdom and discover something else more productive in life. Two years into my sentence, I found myself filling in for a guy at the D&D table, and a few weeks later the DM backed away from the game, stating a lack of ideas. Knowing the rest of the group wanted to play to have our little escapism from our bubble of hell, I asked if he wanted to play, if I were to take over the pilot seat.

I found myself in that campaign. The joy those men found from trapsing through my make-believe world where the gods had been thrown into Purgatory and magic had been sealed away in a tower of horrors and evil, that joy made my decision for me. I am a story teller. I create worlds. I populate those worlds with backstory, mystery, and intrigue. Fascinating creatures, legendlore, it all comes to my mind so easily that I can do naught but share it.

THe drive I have now is that there are too many games coming out that are all cookie cutters of the last game. too much of the same is out there. There may not be any new ideas, but there are better ways to use the ideas out there.

My name is TrevorDarksteel. I weave stories with the tapestry of your imagination.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome TrevorDarksteel
Glad to have you here with us. Yeah, we are a bunch of enthousiasts too! We love NES games, we love homebrews!
Please, don't hesitate to share your WIP, projects... Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.

Top Bottom