Trouble with Emulator

noralee9

Hi all:

I am NoraLee9 & my husband & I are from NYC. We now live in Northern NJ, since I retired early & don't want to pay all my money to a landlord. Hubby is an animation & game design teacher. He started his career in 1990, working on the cartoon series Doug.

After working on Game Maker for some time, he started using NES Maker this week. After following the most basic of tutorials, the first game is not exporting into Mesen correctly. The graphics, particularly the "fence" is not appearing in Mesen.

I shall look through your boards & try to resolve this issue. I am grateful for any assistance you might offer.

Valete,

NoraLee9

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome NoraLee9 :)
Glad to have you with us.

If you have some grahics that doesn't render when starting the game... Make sure your gaphics are in RGB in the "Pixel Editor" (no real color, right... it needs to be saved as red, green, blue colors... and black for no color).

Alseo, check you set the "sprite zero" (the screen render engine is based on that settings). Basically, here what to check:
- Set the sprite zero those default settings (if your hud is 2 rows) :

2019-01-05-13-58-16.png

- And in your GameObjectTiles.bmp, make sure the tile used for the sprite zero is non-transparent color (tile 127, the last one):

2019-01-05-13-58-57-NES-MAKER-4-1-0-Version-0x158-Mon-Jeu-Plateforme-MST.png

You will have more details on the sprite zero settings, on this tutorial video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7m4gxhgX0U

If you still have issue, could you share a screenshot?

Top Bottom