time to start making some old school games

SeanO

Hi, my name is Sean.
I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember and that all started on the NES. I've always wanted to make games, but it seems that I'm living in an area (NYC) where there is no video game companies to work for. Amazing right? I was surprised too.

i hope that i can start making my own games and maybe lead this to making other games. It'd be cool to be able to transition this as a FT job, but who knows what the future holds.

Thanks for listening.
-Sean-

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome to you SeanO
Glad to have you here with us here :)
Can’t wait to see what you will make with NESMaker.

SeanO

Thank you! I'm watching the tutorials on youtube.

I just need to really devote some time to learn and create.
I'd like to start with a little bit of everything to see what works best. I'd like to make a simple shmup first... like LifeForce.

dale_coop

Staff member
Nice I am glad you watch the tutorial videos...
NESMaker is very powerfully and deep, but to make it work well, people really need to watch those different videos.
A lot of things are not obvious...

Kitsune

Hello and welcome Sean0.

no game company in NYC ? From France it looks surprising ! One would have thought that NYC was one of THE cities for VG.

SeanO

Kitsune said:
Hello and welcome Sean0.

no game company in NYC ? From France it looks surprising ! One would have thought that NYC was one of THE cities for VG.

Yeah you would think, but not really... the closest that i know of is Bethesda and thats in Maryland, south of where I am... In NYC, there's a lot of Financial companies (like the one i work in)... people here are more about making money than having and creating something fun.

PortableAnswers

SeanO said:
Kitsune said:
Hello and welcome Sean0.

Yeah you would think, but not really... the closest that i know of is Bethesda and thats in Maryland, south of where I am... In NYC, there's a lot of Financial companies (like the one i work in)... people here are more about making money than having and creating something fun.

I live in VA, roughly a 2 hour drive to Bethesda. I dream of working there but I'm settled in where I live and the thought of a daily 4 hour commute is daunting for me to consider.

SeanO

haha this... this is true.. i've been there many times myself. I sometimes have to go into NYC for work and my bus stop is not far from there... i sometimes go there to pass the time if I miss the bus.

dale_coop

Staff member
We a lot of games companies here in France (Ubisoft or Quantic Dream, for ex.) and some homebrewers too (BrokeStudio comes first in my mind,... but there some more)

Kitsune

haha, yes I know, but my answer was in relation with the NYC NINTENDO world store ;)

I know we have homebrewers as I have published homebrew ;)

dale_coop

Staff member
Ah ok ;) Nintendo Store, Nintendo Store, ....
We have the greatest store in the entire world :
https://www.lamaisondeslapinscretins.bzh/

Top Bottom