Happy to find this tool and community

Vonwoah

Introducing myself, share my thoughts on the tool, and a little about me.

Favorite NES games: Castlevania, Crystalis, Robowarrior, Journey to Silius

I always thought it would be fun to make a homebrew game. Art, Music, and programming - for me I don't think there is anything more fun than those three tied together. Years ago I've made the attempt of educating myself on NES dev and not getting that far. The 6502 assembly docs at the time just made me feel like I needed a nap.

I recently picked up the NES Maker at PRGE. I find the tool itself to be a nice boilerplate for starting projects. I'm finding the learning curve is somewhat steep but with enough practice I can see myself getting there. Not only did I find the tool worth the price, but the video tutorials is an added educational bonus I wasn't expecting, and those are outstanding. Thank you NES Maker team for helping me jump start these projects. I'm addicted to where 1 hour of working in the tool time travels 5 hours later.

I've watched all the videos, and now I'd say I'm doing more poking around the existing scripts and reading assembly tutorials. I do web programming for a living, but this 6502 assembly syntax is crazy looking to me. Still wrapping the brain around syntax, and I want to get to the point where I can execute my ideas quickly. It's just a matter of time and practice I guess.

AVS is in the mail, cart flasher too. I'm stoked!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Vonwoah
Glad to have you here. With your passion and your knowledge on coding, I am sure you will be a great asset in this community.
I agredd with you the tutorial videos are awesome, educational, entertaining, fun! Also if you want to know more about the NESmaker and dev, I'd suggest some older videos on Youtube and on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/joegranatoiv
(more particularly, the "Nes Development" series).
Feel free to share your projects, ideas, wip on the forum... and ask if you have issues or need help on something.
Have fun!

Top Bottom