Hello Everyone!

WolfMerrik

Well, like many here, making a game for the NES has been a dream since I got my NES in 1988. I still play my NES nearly every day, primarily for speedrunning. I am very excited, especially to see what I am capable of with very little ASM experience, although have coded with a variety of languages. I have had minimal experience working with FamiTracker before, but I loved it. I have been using tracker programs since the 90s, particularly Impulse Tracker & Buzz, I am excited to work on sound possibly a bit more than I care to admit.

I was NOT a Kickstarter backer, but only because I heard about this a bit late. I was a launch day purchaser, however!

Anyway, I am about to start the tutorials slowly, this week is finals so I hope to dive in after. I am looking forward to seeing what types of code we can share to help make awesome games. If anyone has any places to begin, aside from the obvious tutorials, NESDev, etc, I am all ears!

Thanks,

Wolf

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome WolfMerrik
Glad to have you here with us. It’s a growing community and already a lot of people (from around the world) started to try, fix and share code...

But for a good start you absolutely need to watch and follow THIS tutorial:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=346

Can’t wait to see what you will do with NESMaker.

Have a fun!

WolfMerrik

dale_coop said:
But for a good start you absolutely need to watch and follow THIS tutorial:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=346

Awesome, I had started to watch it the other night, sadly, a wild school seminar appeared and I had to stop. I intend to do the "play along at home" thing later this week, it seems like a PERFECT place to start with getting, at the very least, a compiled NES game up and running. Definitely, a good place to start, and it is added to my bookmark bar for even more persistence in reminding me haha.

Kitsune said:
Nice to see "skilled" coder here.

I would not go that far, but I indeed have experience and that speaks for something haha. I am excited to see what I can do in ASM. It seems the hardest part (for me) will be to start thinking in memory addresses versus object values. It should be a fun challenge.

I am very excited to start using NES Maker, what a tease for this to be publicly released the week I have finals! :p
And again, Thanks to you both for the welcome!

Wolf

Top Bottom