Derekdraws gettin' pumped for this biz!

derekdraws

I'm Derek Hunter, an avid retro gamer and collector of retro handhelds and games. I'm beyond excited to get started on a few games that have been rattling around in my head for YEARS...but I suck at programming, so NESmaker is a godsend.

A little about me, I'm an animator currently working at Disney on the new DuckTales reboot, after having spent 5 years on Adventure Time as an artist and design supervisor. I'm also super into drawing comics in my spare time (Pirate Club and Gamme Rae: coming soon from Image Comics), as well as making music with my wife and spending time with my 3 kids.

I've seen a ton of great stuff on the Facebook group, but hope to see more action over here as I've always liked forums for these sorts of collaborative/commmunity art collectives. I'm super pumped to be part of this community and can't wait to see what we come up with together!

kainminter

A little about me, I'm an animator currently working at Disney on the new DuckTales reboot

Oh wow, that's really neat

No wonder your WiP project you posted was looking so good X)

JakeSpencer

Hi Derek! Oh man, I loved that Duck Tales video game reboot by WayForward a few years ago - there was so much heart in it. Your artwork is fantastic! I have to tell you I'm most impressed that you don't shy away from drawing people of color, and it's so refreshing to see a lot of that in your portfolio. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

opt2not

Welcome Derek! Fellow Animator here as well. The new Ducktales reboot is awesome, I really dig the style. Looking forward to seeing your NES work!

derekdraws

opt2not said:
Welcome Derek! Fellow Animator here as well. The new Ducktales reboot is awesome, I really dig the style. Looking forward to seeing your NES work!
Are you in LA? Would be nice to have a game dev day at a coffee shop or something one of these days. Also, your link is broken in your signature, or, rather, it directs to the wrong place. Check it out.

FrankenGraphics

yeah BBCode URL:s on these boards are strangely enough concatenated with the forum domain URL unless you specify http:// in your link, so they turn up broken.

---

Hi Derek! the WIP you posted looks great :)

opt2not

derekdraws said:
opt2not said:
Are you in LA? Would be nice to have a game dev day at a coffee shop or something one of these days. Also, your link is broken in your signature, or, rather, it directs to the wrong place. Check it out.
Close, I'm down in Orange County, but I'd love to do a game dev/jam meet-up sometime. Perhaps we could meet each other halfway or something.

FrankenGraphics said:
yeah BBCode URL:s on these boards are strangely enough concatenated with the forum domain URL unless you specify http:// in your link, so they turn up broken.

Thanks for the heads-up guys, I just fixed it. Didn't realize i needed to throw the http at the beginning of the link.

Top Bottom