Artist & Game Test Engineer from Iowa

Ridicrick

Hello all, Name is Rick also known in various places on the internet as Ridicrick. I own a vinyl graphics company specializing in Arcade restoration and custom computer gaming builds. I am a Test Engineer at Scientific Games formerly Williams Interactive (yes the same Williams/Bally that made many amazing arcade/pinball games back in the day). I have been a graphic artist using Photoshop since the mid 90s and also went to college for computer programming. I also have all my games in an arcade bar in Waterloo, IA called Spicolis Rockade. Although I have been selling most of the games due to not many people loving arcades in this area. I also have a game room at home with arcades, pinball, and other game related entertainment.

On the internet Im best known for creating the first Fix It Felix Jr arcade cabinet (besides Disneys first few) and had the first working Felix at Midwest Gaming Classic a few years ago. In the past I played Quake 1 on a professional level, filmed in the movie "Just Married" with a friend Ashton Kutcher and have been part of several important arcade gaming events with some awesome people. I somehow find myself hanging out with the big dogs in every form of hobby and entertainment I get myself into, not sure why but it always happens.

But enough of my shameless bragging here is why I am here...

In the late 80s I drew up my own Mario Game and recently found the drawings still in my Nintendo Power folder in perfect shape. I created character sheets, levels and everything. The past few years I have been really thinking about how I can make this game come to life and with Mario Maker I thought it was going to happen. But as cool as Mario Maker was it just wasn't what I needed. Now with NES maker I can finally make my childhood dreams come true!!! I plan on filming a little documentary about it and will also eventually interview others who also drew up their own game, cheat sheets, maps and so on. I cannot wait to get started this!! I hope to make some new friends with the same interest as me!

Attachments

• 38754345_10156556956724153_8664745230009892864_n.jpg
    38754345_10156556956724153_8664745230009892864_n.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,507

dale_coop

Staff member
Hi and welcome Ridicrick

We are glad to have a talented and experimented person like you, here with us.
Can't wait to see your documentary (if it's as good as Joe's one... wow! wet my pants)

Before starting playing with NESMaker, don't forget to watch the first tutorials:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=346

Kitsune

Hello Ridicrick

Nice to know you. There is a lot of great people on this board ! I am interested by your documentary too.
As everybody, I also made maps for my games when I was young and I still do it but this time I use it to my own business ^^

Mihoshi20

Ridicrick said:
Hello all, Name is Rick also known in various places on the internet as Ridicrick. I own a vinyl graphics company specializing in Arcade restoration and custom computer gaming builds. I am a Test Engineer at Scientific Games formerly Williams Interactive (yes the same Williams/Bally that made many amazing arcade/pinball games back in the day). I have been a graphic artist using Photoshop since the mid 90s and also went to college for computer programming. I also have all my games in an arcade bar in Waterloo, IA called Spicolis Rockade. Although I have been selling most of the games due to not many people loving arcades in this area. I also have a game room at home with arcades, pinball, and other game related entertainment.

On the internet Im best known for creating the first Fix It Felix Jr arcade cabinet (besides Disneys first few) and had the first working Felix at Midwest Gaming Classic a few years ago. In the past I played Quake 1 on a professional level, filmed in the movie "Just Married" with a friend Ashton Kutcher and have been part of several important arcade gaming events with some awesome people. I somehow find myself hanging out with the big dogs in every form of hobby and entertainment I get myself into, not sure why but it always happens.

But enough of my shameless bragging here is why I am here...

In the late 80s I drew up my own Mario Game and recently found the drawings still in my Nintendo Power folder in perfect shape. I created character sheets, levels and everything. The past few years I have been really thinking about how I can make this game come to life and with Mario Maker I thought it was going to happen. But as cool as Mario Maker was it just wasn't what I needed. Now with NES maker I can finally make my childhood dreams come true!!! I plan on filming a little documentary about it and will also eventually interview others who also drew up their own game, cheat sheets, maps and so on. I cannot wait to get started this!! I hope to make some new friends with the same interest as me!

It's good to have you with us Rick. I picked up NESmaker to do games for the coin-op side of the hardware, namely the Playchoice-10 and Vs. System which you can see me experimenting with during my WIP making my first game where I had it running on 'emulated' versions through MAME. My goal ultimately is to make an arcade cabinet and game staring my favorite arcade obsessed youtuber and present it to them at a convention someday which is what inspired me to back the kickstarter.

WolfMerrik

New games for the PC-10 would be totally cool!
I am guessing the hardware restrictions are the same? Just different input values (coins)?

Top Bottom