Hi Everyone

Winterbeast3

Let me start off by saying this is my first time joining a form and I apologize in advance if I mess anything up. haha
Let me start off telling you a little about myself. My name is Matt H. and I am 36 years old living in York, Pennsylvania. I travel for my job doing a type of architectural inspection on buildings by simulating hurricanes and other type tests. Most of my work is in New York City & Washington DC. Growing up my first system was the original NES and I remember my friends and I dreaming about working for Nintendo and making our own games. I stumbled upon nesmaker a few months ago, watched the documentary and I must say what a brilliant idea. I'm new to the program but am learning quickly.
Messing with code was always a side hobby of mine never a job. I started learning C++ in high school and made my first DOS game (black and white blackjack with cheat codes lol) then later on made a submarine DOS game with color but very limited (the game was over in 30 seconds). It stopped there until much later on I discovered Arduino and learned a lot about programming micro processing chips for real world applications. So for the past 10 years I build machines for fun (ex. full automatic green house, old style jukebox playlist controller, full sized photo booth and lots more)
I am very excited about nesmaker and feel I can now do what I dreamed about when I was a kid. For my first game I am working on I am using character designs and other ideas from my step daughters (10 & 14) so they can have an old-school game that they can say is theirs and be proud of. I am slowly learning how the scripts work but will be searching for a resource that explains how every command called out works in the scripts.

Sorry that was long hahaha and thanks in advance for everyone patients.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Winterbeast3

We are happy to have you with us (^_^)
NESmaker can be a really fun tool to use with kids. I do NESmaker sessions with my 7yo son, too. He loves working on his games. He does all the graphics and design the screens, the monsters, the boss, .... I just help him on the technical parts (scripts and objects settings).
Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker :)
Most important is watching the tutorial videos, (Youtbes and also some older ones more about scripts, on vimeo https://vimeo.com/joegranatoiv)

Have fun!

Top Bottom