Hello All! Glad to be here

Elvis

Hello all. I am a web developer and designer and I just started learning how to use NES maker and the concepts of developing with tile sets.

I am currently finishing up all the assets for my game and if anyone wants to get involved and has the time, feel free to PM me or post here.

I hope to meet some like minded developers , artist and gamers here! :)

Have a nice day all!

NeoBenj

Hello Elvis, welcome in the world of NES maker! ;)
I strongly suggest you to look at all the tutorial from Joe on youtube. You will learn the basic on how to make things in motion.
I also think it's good to implement your assets step by step in a working prototype instead of creating all visual assets then trying to make them work.
Nes limitations are plenty of surprises and you could end up not being able to you your assets the way you intended to.
I am refering to color palettes, tile size limitation, sprites display etc.

Keep up the good work, and don't hesitate to ask question (but try to look at all tutorials, cause... most question are answered there.) :D
You will see, it will become quickly... a lot of fun. :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey welcome Elvis
Glad to have you here with us.
NESMaker is an awesome tool to learn and start making NES games.
Tutorials are very very useful, I can’t think anyone can make a game without having watched them.
The forum is another place for resources, help, sharing your thoughts, comments, projects, WIP,...
Can’t wait to see what you will create with NESmaker (^_^)

Top Bottom