Hi everyone

thegreatdane

Hey guys, my name is Dane. I just purchased NES Maker, and I'm slowly going through the tutorials. I don't have much programming experience, but I'm excited to work on it and learn.

I've been a fan of the NES since my parents bought our first one when I was 5 in the mid 80s. It's been my favorite console since.

I've played a few of the games submitted in the Byte Off contest and there's some incredible games made so far.

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey thegreatdane
Welcome here, we're so glad you joined us.
Our community is so great! A lot of nice people, sharing the same passion for NES games...
Take your time while learning NESmaker. The tutorial videos are very important, watch them all. Multiple time if needed. After that, you'll be able to make your own simple games... And then, be able to customize the scripts to add some new features for your game... One step after another. My advice... Don't rush, or you'll find a wall!
This forum has a lot of resources, scripts, answers to issues, help, ideas, projects, ...
Don't hesitate to share yours.

Can"t wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.

And have fun!

NeoBenj

Hello Dane! :)
Welcome in NesMaker World.

As dale_coop said, don't hesitate taking time to follow step by step every tutorial.
Once a day during 10 days and you should be able to try things on your own.

Who know, you might submit stuff for 2020 byte off!

And don't be afraid to ask if you have questions!

Cheers!

Top Bottom