Hey guys :)

slumpitydump

Hi, so like most people here I just bought NESmaker like in the past day. And I've got to say, watching the tutorials and stuff, I've made some pretty good progress.
The NES was made like 15 years before I was even born, so I'm not particularly nostalgic towards it, more so fascinated. The PS1/PS2 is my NES lol.
I'm not much of a programmer, and thinking of even trying to code in assembly is giving me nightmares, so the ease of use of this engine is really nice lol. I'm more of an artist/designer, so I've started on graphics/music and it's really fun to think about how to make sprites in the context of the NES's limitations.

I was able to make 2 player (2 tiles x 3) walking sprites with 4 frames each using 18 tiles rather than 48, and I feel like a genius lol. They both even have 6 colors.
a5EBj8G.gif
rTa1Pjk.gif
Iy5XQ5l.png
y8kvjTF.png

I feel like I've done a lot, but I've barely done anything haha. I can't wait to finish it and also to play more of other people's finished games.

Dirk

Hi slumpitydump!

Glad you are here :)
The restrictions really make you creative, I like it ^^
ASM used to be a nightmare for me too, but NESmaker stealthy introduced me to it :)

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome slumpitydump
Your work is really good, already!
Can't wait to see more.

Have fun!

NeoBenj

Hello slumpitydump.

Seeing your characters, it seems you already get how inventive we need to be with Nes development. Nice work already!
Welcome to the team! :)

Top Bottom