hello from NEPA

lohocla

I have been messing around with drag and drop gamemakers for awhile now. Mostly Fusion2.5r to develop 2 Ouya games. I was counting on the Ouya 2.0 to be released but it never happened.
Once I saw NESmaker last year I knew I had to have it. I have several ideas for games and also the ability to print NES labels and make custom boxes.
Mostly will make games to share with friends. Might make a game that couples can use for marriage proposal by having their significant other play and the game will "pop the question"
I already do custom labels for empty carts as wedding invitations. having an actual game will make it so much better.

anyway..glad to be here. I found the group because I need help already. doing the tutorials on the 8bit heroes site. Got to Getting started 2: Create Assets and my tileset is not showing up in graphic bank. Ill post my question in the relevant spot, but thats what brought me here.

Cant wait to start making my first racing game after I figure the assets out!!!! it will be a Death Race 64 remake. One of my favorite games. I would love to see it on NES

Attachments

• Wedding.jpg
    Wedding.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 1,453

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome lohocla
Very happy you joined us. NESmaker is the perfect tool to make simple games to share with friends and play on real NES console :)
When you start, don't forget to watch all the toturial videos, those are very important to learn how to use NM, how to set up everything for your projects, ... watch them, follow them, watch again if you haven't understand or you don''t have the same result.
Then you will be able to start your own games... Always think simple at start, and add your own functionnalities in your project, progressively.

Feel free to share your projects, ideas, WIP... it's very inspiring to see how other people are working. You will also find a lot of resources (scripts) on the forum, and answers to a lot of issues / questions... if you don't find your answer, feel free to ask. There's always someone to help you.

Have fun :)

Top Bottom