The NEW new. Hello from UK...

Jonny

Hi,

This is a bit late as I've already been asking for help, replying to topics etc..

My names Jonny and I'm completely unskilled in anything to do with coding but I'm wanting to learn! Mostly, I'm interested in designing a game i.e level design, the story, pixel art. Thats why i'm trying out NesMaker and so far so good. I've managed to solve about 6 issues already just by reading previous topics on here or asking for help. Everyone seems super helpful, even with people like me with no understanding of assembly. It's a great tool because it's made me want to learn programming. If anyone has any tips / links where I could start learing ASM Id appreciate that.

All the best with your projects and I hope you're all having as much fun with it as I am.

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey Jonny

Glad to have you here with us :)
NESmaker is a fun software to make small games for the NES. And a great tool to learn creating games and programming for the NES.
I will suggest you the YouTube and the Vimeo channel of Joe Granato (The New8bit Heroes), in the old videos, there are tutorials how to code in ASM for nesmaker. Very interesting.

Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.
Have fun!

Jonny

Thank you for the advice, I'm working my way through all the tutorials. I wasn't sure whether to start with the 'getting started' YouTube playlist with 10 videos or the one with 20. I guess it won't hurt to watch them all.

I'll post what I've made when I have something worth showing

Thanks again

Top Bottom