Hola to everyone

Quintessence

Hi, there.

I made this account some time ago, but I haven't really used it until now. I'm an NES enthusiast and I dream of making my own games.

Even though I use famitracker quite a lot, I don't really have any programming experiences and so far I've only used programs such as RPG maker and Game Maker Studio, so you can all imagine that I'm really happy now that something like NESmaker exists.

Also, and I know that this is probably very common in all forums, but English is not my first language. So my apologies if I make any silly mistakes.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to all the progress that NESmaker will make! :D

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey Quitessence
Glad to have you with us :)

Yeah, a lot of us had used to have that old dream, making our own NES games. NESmaker allow us to do that, now.
Tutorial videos helps to learn how to use, how to set up, how to make your first simple games.

The community is here to help, sharing scripts, ideas, fixes, ...
Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker

Have fun!

Jonny

As with Dale, your english is better than mine and I'm english! :)
Anyone who knows more than one language so fluently should only apologe for being too awesome.

Good luck with it all. I don't think it will be very long before your dream is a reality. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

mouse spirit

Hola! Rpgmaker and gamemaker are similar for sure, but be sure that NESmaker is different. But with some time and effort I'm sure it can become second nature.I've been here 2 weeks and already feel like i'm making great progress. So it's possible, it's just a matter of time,effort ,
and understanding. We are here to help.

For a beatem up id say the adventure module.That way you can walk 4 directions, even if you want to only "look/face" right and left.4 way beatem up might be cool, although you may want to walk 8 directions, that would be something for after you do tutorial modules.

dale_coop

Staff member
To add 8 directions to your project, follow this tutorial: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2760

Top Bottom