Greetings and Salutations

PasseGaming

Hello Folks, the name is Anthony. I spent the better half of ten years making hacks for the NES. You may have played a few in the day such as Casltevania: Baleful Sonata, Fake News Covefefe and Lock'n'Chase. I picked up some coding along the way but nowhere near enough to make my own game from scratch. The NES Maker is definitely just the tool I've been waiting ages for! I have a whole line of games I'd like to make but I still need to get better accustomed to the toolset. An figure out how to code in the effects I want. One step at a time I suppose. Anyhow, nice to be a part of the community!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome PasseGaming,

Glad to have you here with us.
NESmaker is a great tool to make NES games, simple ones first, then more complexe when you will be come an advanced user (asm code related).
For a good start, I suggest to watch all the tutorial videos on the official website for the 4.5 (or on the official New 8 bit Heroes Youtube channel for older ones, 4.1).
If you have issues, most of them have already been treated here on the forum, also A LOT of answers are in the tutorial videos themselves, you really need to watch the all.
You can find some resources on the forum, scripts, help... also on the FB group and on the Discord channel.

Have fun!

Top Bottom