Hi from North Dakota

Hi all. I saw the 2020 jam announcement video and decided to finally learn a bit about NESMaker. I'm not sure I'll learn enough to submit anything this year, but happy to at least be starting. Good luck to everyone and glad to meet you here!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome :)

Most people here are beginners... some will learn quicker than others... some have more skills in graphics, or music or coding, ...
Don't worry, this week, Joe will post tutorials videos for NESmaker 4.5.6, if you follow them, you might be able to make small games by yourself. With small modifications, original ideas you will be able to create a cool game to submit for the Byte Off.

You can find help here on the forum and also on the Discord channel: http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?t=1915

Have fun!

SuperNatetendo said:
Just be obnoxiously polite and apologize for everything, you'll fit in just fine.

I'm so sorry! I totally didn't see that this was responded to. I'm from Dickinson, ND. It's so cool that there's a few of us in here. Haha. Fargo is pretty great, glad to meet ya! Also, Xeno Creeps is rad!

Siris Dracken said:
Haha, I am from ND as well! I am from Williston, but I live in Washington state now.

I haven't been to Williston in years, but definitely when I was younger. Hope WA state is treating you well?

Ha Dickinson, my parents used to live there, they moved to Rapid City, SD not too long ago. Small world haha. Also yeah, Washington is fantastic! The weather, the food, ahh its great lol.

Top Bottom