Hey hey

NamelessSeeD

Nick here. Excited to give NESMaker a shot. I have an ambitious RPG I'd like to create that's a little too complex to tabletop (at least, for my tastes) and NESMaker sounded like an interesting solution so here I am. I don't know squat about coding, which I guess makes 'no programming required' good for me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing ideas, problems and solutions.

After installing NESMaker I got a weird error which reads 'Mystic Search' has stopped working, and it forces NESMaker to close. Not sure what to do but I put in a support form from the main site so we'll see how that goes.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Nick,
Very happy to have you with us :)
For your problem, did you unzipp the nesmaker_4_0_0.zip file, before excuting NESMaker4_0_0.exe?
If so, maybe your are on a 32bit version of Windows? In that case you could try, replace some files in your NESMaker folder, with those: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?p=2569#p2569

NamelessSeeD

Actually, I read elsewhere someone having problems due to NESMaker being installed in the programs folder. I moved it to My Documents and it works perfectly now!

dale_coop

Staff member
Exactly, if you put your NESMaker folder in the "Program Files", you have to give it some privileges, because there are restrictions on that special folder (like "Windows" one).

Top Bottom