Hello fellow retro gamer and developer!

DavidsonDana

My name is DavidsonDana and I am currently a 28-year-old French Canadian guy that is passionate about retro gaming and its surrounding history. However, I’m also interested in “new” retro game that people produce for these old, but loved systems, including those of NESMaker.

I recently started a project, which is a blog about retro gaming as well as YouTube channel that goes with. Although accessible on the web, my goal is not to do some blatant advertising (like sharing the link and never post again in the forum).
I was one of the backers of the NESMAKER project, having the full application and the flash cartridge, but never got mess around with it, though this doesn’t mean I won’t produce anything in the future though! The original idea was to turn one act of a fantasy futurist book I'm currently writing into some kind of beat 'em up games. While the book story is still progressing to this day and the main character were drawn, I didn’t go further.

I also have a big interest about the games that are produced with NESMaker. As much as I love to play games in a historical or technical perspective, I would like to write about these homebrews from any classic system, as they show amazing thing people can do with these systems, years, and years after.

So basically, ill probably lurk around Discord and the Forum discussing with people there and having a good time!

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey RetroGameUp

Bienvenue :)
Glad to have you here with us.
NESmaker is an awesome tool to make NES games, easy to start with... difficult to master. But the forum, the discord and the FB group are the perfect place to come when you have issues, questions, comments.
When starting using NESmaker, don't forget to watch all the tutorial videos (on the website, in the "LEARN" section).

If you are interested in NESmaker projects... check the "WIP" and the "Finished Games" sections on the forum, a ton of cool games :)
Also, if you speak french, here's a cool topic on the French TV news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SKDqmlbWA

Jonny

Hello and welcome.

I'll sub your YouTube channel when you post link. Sounds interesting.

Top Bottom