Hello!

goatgary

Hey everyone, Gary with the GOAT Store, LLC and Midwest Gaming Classic here!

My passion has always been programming from an early age and I'm excited to dive in and see what I can put together. Dan Loosen and I taught ourselves how to program in grade school by making games and our first business endeavor was to make an Atari Lynx game. Working on things here kind of brings everything full circle.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Gary

Glad to have you here with us :)
NESmaker is an awesome tool to make real NES games that you can actually play on your console! If you have experience with coding you can easily made add your own advances features in nesmaker for your projects.
You will find some resources and help on this forum, also a lot of informations are in the tutorial videos.... and help :)

Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.

Jonny

Hi Gary,

All the best with your NES persuits. Looking forward to seeing what you make with NesMaker.

What was your Lynx game about ? Was it released?

goatgary

Jonny said:
Hi Gary,

All the best with your NES persuits. Looking forward to seeing what you make with NesMaker.

What was your Lynx game about ? Was it released?

The game was never released although we had a prototype version working in QBASIC (this was just over 20 years ago). The plan was to use the QBASIC version as a template to get it into the 65C02 on the Lynx. Due to happenings with the company we were with, the project was barely started before it came to an abrupt stop. This ended up taking us in a different direction and we now have the store and a trade show.

The game was based on a fixed screen shooter game where there are bars on the sides of the screen which grow towards the center and you have to shoot them all to clear the level. We added a number of powerups, challenges, etc. to make about 100 unique levels.

Jonny

Would make a great game for the NES too. Maybe you could do a kind of demake as a project. 16bit graphics to 8bit.

I know its not the same but make me think of some sort of Tempest/Missile Command mash-up but without the vectors. Sounds like a nice arcade idea.

Top Bottom