Looking forward to the journey

KyoZaber

Hello everyone.

Long time player, first time NES developer.
I've coded in x86 Assembly back in college, and had looked into 6502 Assembly on & off.
While it'll be interesting to poke around at NES Maker's internals at some time, I'm more than happy to work with the vanilla system.

I'm looking forward to making rinky-dink small projects, especially for my nephews whom are young enough to be possibly blown away by being put into a video game. :D

The hard part is going to be making custom assets.
While I'm ok at pixel editing, music composing & SFX development is going to be-- interesting.

I look forward to hanging out here, and hopefully learning a few tips & tricks as this tool continues to mature.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome KyoZaber
Happy you joined us.
Your nephews will definitely be blown away ;)
NESMaker is very fun and powerfully.
I strongly suggest you to watch the tutorial video to learn how to use and make your first game:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=624

Kitsune

Hello KyoZaber.

First : you say you'll make small project :geek:
second : you find it very intersting :p
third: you make hudge games :mrgreen:

KyoZaber

Thank you both for the welcome! :)

Dale_Coop, that's great advice.
I've been enjoying the video, and working with the program.

So far I've already had a case of "I should've saved." when I did something the program didn't like.
Thankfully I didn't loose that much progress.

I've still got about 30 minutes left in the Adventure-game video.
I'm going to have to watch this video (and the others) over again, with a notepad ready.
There's plenty of good information & shortcuts that I know isn't sticking in my head at the moment.

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes and today... the release of the new version of NESMaker, with tuhe Platformer Module... and another GREAT tutorial video!
You will get busy ;)

Another good advice: grab a notebook, ant take notes

Top Bottom