New to creating games, hoping to grow!

C Stick Games

Hey all, I'm Liam Work, founder of C Stick Games (God, that was cheesy)! Ever since I watched my dad play Mario Galaxy, I've had an interest in video games. I learned a bit more about them, and eventually wanted to create them, and here I am now. Most of my original ideas weren't very practical, in terms of hardware and skill level. But now with NESMaker, I can easily realize my dreams of creating games. Ever since I played Final Fantasy VI (or III in the States), I've wanted to do something of that nature. A compelling story, beautiful music, and breathtaking (for the era) graphics. Of course, not all of that is realistic on the NES, but I still hope to make a fun and enjoyable RPG. Right now I'm working on Big Tony, a top down adventure game, using the 4.0.6 Adventure Module. It's mostly to pass the time and build my skills while I wait for the RPG Module, and because I thought it would be fun to make a game out of a character my friend came up with. After Big Tony is finished, I'll get started on Epilogue Odyssey, the aforementioned RPG. Super huge thanks to Joe Granato and co for creating such an incredible piece of software!

TurtleRescueNES

Hey, someone right around the corner from me! Welcome!

We're all still in that stage where we're building our skills. So no worries there! There's a lot to learn, and I see this as a marathon and not a sprint. Good luck with your journey and you'll see that there are a lot of helpful people around here! :)

RiverbackGames

Hi there Liam.

Don't be afraid of mentioning yourself as a founder. In the future you will be doing that a lot if you are trying to get into the industry. I also want to create a rpg but first I'm going to make a platformer. Something I have always dreamed of doing one for Nes. Good to have you here.

Be proud of what you have accomplished and humble about what's to come and you will do fine in life. Super mario galaxy is one of my all time favourites!

Top Bottom